Matching Components

Bronze Member
Username: Shaftofair

Post Number: 99
What would be a good set of components to go well with a McIntosh?

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1879
ANY! lol what model amp is it?

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 242
From what Ive seem most, the crazy kooks that are able to spend that much on an amp, they go with: Dynaudio, Morel, Rainbow, or Higher end DLS, CDT, and Diamond, Focal, Boston, and MB Quart.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3676
how much power does it put out

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
300w x2 600w bridged 1/2/4 ohms

I've been eyeing those Rainbows

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 790
Dam thats a lot of power for components!

Rainbow power line could probably handle it though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
I left the house to get groceries and decided why not stop by some places? I've listened to CDT, Rainbow, Focal, Sony (for comparison), all the cheap WalMart stuff (I went there anyway), and other brands around for comparison.

The results? First of all, I'm surprised at how hard it can be to find some of those brands in store.

Sooo...I brought in some CD's.
I was floored by all three CDT, Focal, and Rainbow, but CDT and Focal didn't quite meet my needs in the music I listen to and how I listen to it. There was quite a fine line line between the three though, I will say that the CDT and Focal sure looked flashy though.

I think these components paired with that would keep me happy for a long time. The front stage is planned out and when I can afford another amp for the surround channels (not rear fill, well sorta), I'll take a look at one.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1489
what CDT series did you listen to? For that much power I'd defintely go for the M6 or wait for the ES-06 to come out. How much are you wanting to spend. You can PM me and we can talk CDT products over.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us