AMP for 2 Audiobahn flame series subs HELP!!

Username: Pnut2110

Post Number: 1
I have 2 Audiobahn flame series AW1206T subwoofers sittin at my house but not sure what kind of amp i should get to power these. Im not looking for and amp that will blow them apart maybe one that will just make them pound decinetly. But it is important that it looks good it is going in my custom box i built that seconds as a seat but has plexi the whole way around and in the center of the seat. Any input would help!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9272
whats your budget?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
limit like less than 500 the lower the better but im not really lookin for an amp that is gonna blow my box apart just one that wont exceed the power on the subs so no worries of blowing them

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
oh yeah im also running the subs in a enclosed box with plexi so the best amp for that kind of config

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9282
bandpass? what is the rms of those subs?

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9287
bump damn forum

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
rms is 1100

Username: Bumpndatrunk

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 3
What up can anybody tell me if autotek amps are overrated and if so how much im looking at the mm1400.1d the cadence zrs10 2500w rms is also a choice is it also overrated if so how much im tring to pesh 2 15" L7s i want to eather over power them a a bit or do the rms to the T being 1000

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 497
Dude, stop jacking people's threads and start your own if you really need to be helped.

Kyle, for that kind of power on a budget, I'd look into hifonics bxi2006d or Soundstream pca2000d. Those are about the only amps that you'll be able to afford that come close to that kind of power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
sweet really appreciate that!

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9308
so you need 2000 watts for $500? I think you can get a memphis amp for that much. I am not sure of the model #. You can look for a kicker zx 1500.1 also.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 498
Actually, no...sorry, James. Kicker is not 1ohm stable and the new memphis line is probably too expensive for that budget. I mean, if you got audiobahn subs, hifonics or soundstream will do.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9319
yeah I was just thinking for when he decides to upgrade the subs which will be pretty soon he wouldn't have to upgrade the amp as well. here is a good one for you man. http://cgi.ebay.com/US-AMPS-MERLIN-3D-MONO-AMPLIFIER-2000-WATTS_W0QQitemZ1600908 84277QQihZ006QQcategoryZ18796QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 500
Yeah, I'd go with that one as well even though it's used. Those amps aren't really bad either, just very budget oriented and not built as well.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9322
yup but I would still take a low line US amps over a hifonics or audiocrap amp any day:-)

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 501
Which line of US amps is the higher end?

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9331
well they make the merlin in a/b and class d which is like a mid range class, then the xterminators are class D comp amps, and the AX line is their all class more affordable line, I think. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us