Best subs for under 700.

Username: Scaraudio

Irmo, South Carolina United States

Post Number: 2
I would prefer two 15s. I'm building a huge custom box for my ext. cab Ranger. I was thinking maybe two type r's or maybe maybe two kicker s15l7s. Also any insightful information on picking out a amp or two would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 857
i would do ...

2 15inch ssds
id seal em up .. about 4 cu/ft

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 446
Yeah or some Q's would fit his budget too. I agree on the sealed for a Ranger unless this guy wants a full-on ground pounder.

http://www.ficaraudio.com

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 858
i doubt hes competing with it ...

he didnt state ne electrical upgrades ...

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 322
2 15" DD Audio 2515's with an ed.nine

Post Number: 3
THANKS for the quick replies! Ya, I'm not competing with it... currently. I would love to get into it thought. I'm gonna go check out all these suggestions. Thanks again, Trey

Post Number: 4
O and btw, I am going to port the box. I have built a few boxes and going to really try to make this one high quality and unquie. The ext cab will be perfect for a system once I remove the jump seats. What electrical upgrades would I need to get setup for a competition system. Alternator, extra battery?

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 453
Hold on there cowboy....we could use some more info. Like:
What year Ranger is it?
What do you want out of this system?
Quality? high output? A little of both?
Do you want to be able to rip your girlfriends hair out, or do you just need some killer low end for daily tunes?
How much is your budget for the amp?

Post Number: 5
2000 Ford Ranger 4x4 Ext. Cab (takin out jump seats tommarow.) Both, and yes I wanna rip dat hair out! Pretty high budget for amp, whatcha thinkin?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1568
You need 100 amps for every 1000 watts (basically) plus room for your regular electrics in your car to run. Say you want to go with 2500 watts, you should probably get a 300 amp alt, and that would provide more than enough power and you wouldn't have to buy a buncha of expensive batts. That being said, the alternator will probably run you 400-500 dollars. You also need a Big three upgrade with 0 guage wire.

You can get a nice amp cheap depending on how much power you are running. I would say you could have ridiculous bass off of 2000 watts. 2500 if you deem it necessary. Go with a couple of DD3515s if you have 6.5-7 cubes to work with (which I'm not sure you have)... if not, go with a couple of 12s.

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 456
Reece is right because you're going to want around 1000 watts to each 15". In a Ranger, you would be much better off going with one 15 ported for what you seem to want. You have to realize that these woofers are very high output and one of them in a good ported box will kick some serious azz in that small space. And you would save alot of cash of you can avoid going over what your stock alt can handle.

I would put a dual 2 ohm Q15 in a ported box
with one of the following amps:

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2617

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3964

There are amps for sale all the time here and a couple guys building boxes in this section so keep an eye out.

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 457
Nah scrap that Kicker, it's not 1 ohm stable but you get the idea.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4519
Gene,

I have done a few installs in ext cab rangers...w/ the room you have, i would go w/ a pair of nice 12's .

You could do ~5cuft net and stay under the window-line pretty easily and you will be able to lean your seats back....you can get 7.5cuft, but the box will be a b1tch to build if you want to lean your seats back any at all.

If you want to run ~2000wrms, look into these subs:
Fi SSD12
Fi Q12
DD2512
DD3512
AQ HD312

Post Number: 6
Thanks for all the help. I'm goin with a single 15" in a bad azz box. I've built a few of them in the past and will try to build this one so i have about 4-5cuft and still be able to lean my seat back. I'll also take pictures and put them up so yall could see my work. Thanks again, Trey

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1582
What 15 are you going with and what amp?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us