Wires came undone, less power

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 150
hey guys i have a 12" L7 hooked to a fosgate p6002. it was workin perfect until i went to move my sub and some wires came undone. im not sure where they go. any help?

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
it was hittin real hard, but ever since it came undone, my bass knob light wont go back on, and the system just doesnt have as much power

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 404
Hmmm dude? Which wires exactly came undone? Be VERY specific in explaining what those wire look like and how thick they are. And you have no clue to what they were connected?

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
well they are like two plug-in wires, one head was white, the other red. it plugged into slots that said bridged right and left i believe. this is my friends jeep so im trying my best to remember. but i still dont understand why the bass knob isnt working. thanks again

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 429
Now you're saying that the remote bass control isn't working? The kind where you hook up the knob to the amp by a wire?

Bronze Member
Username: Livingloudl7

Post Number: 30
Sounds to me like one of your rca cables isn't plugged in right, or all the way. if you only run 1 it gives you like half the power and its probably not good for your amp

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 436
Essentially, check the amp's speaker connections, check the RCAs, and check the remote bass control.

Silver Member
Username: Djbeanpole

Naptown, Indiana USA

Post Number: 319
Something like this happened to me when I took my stuff out of my car, and then put it back in. The only things I removed were the amp and the subs. I left the wires in place but when I hooked it all back up the sub wasn't outputting as loud. This is what I did:

Unplug the RCAs, speaker wires from amp and to the subs. Check the ground, power, and remote. Make sure those are plugged in. When you turn the car on check to see that the amp is powered on, and that it isn't in a protection mode. If you made it this far....

Make sure you have the speaker wires set up correctly when you hook them into THE AMP. Leave them unplugged from the sub for now. Insert the RCA cables into the INPUT of the amp (I made the mistake of doing the output...lol). Turn the car on. Put the volume at about a medium level, select a song to play with moderate bass, with the bass knob about halfway (make sure the remote bass is hooked up correctly). Now what you should do is take the speaker wires, and touch them onto the speaker terminals of the sub. I did this with mine and fixed my problem. As it turned out I had the wires switched so the sub was out of phase. I then just reversed the wire, touched the terminals, and the BOOM had returned.

IF all else fails, take pictures (QUALITY PICS, not crappy cameraphone crap), and let us see.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us