Problem with a8002t

Bronze Member
Username: Chadley01

West chicago

Post Number: 16
Hey i just got my system i got 2 12 kicker cvr and an a8002t amp. i had some trouble with the ground but i got the fixed i thought but i just started to listen to the subs when the amp goes off and on protect mode. i have no clue what to do. i took all the wires off and put them back on and then i re located the ground. if any one can help please do.
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Imalik

Jackson, New Jersey Ocean

Post Number: 97
Make sure all your wires are connected right, if all is good make sure the correct Ohm load is going to the Amp.

Bronze Member

West chicago

Post Number: 18
how do i make shure the correct ohm is gong to the amp?

Bronze Member

West chicago

Post Number: 20
i just went out and looked at it and the fuses were blown out do you have any ideas what happned. is it the amp or the wireing?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4209
www.the12volt.com hit the link woofer wiring.

For help, PM ISAAC, he owned that amp and made a few tests

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 405
That amp is a class A/B 2 channel amp, which is stable only at 4oh mono! Are your CVRs dual 2ohm or dual 4ohm. You can run the amp in stereo (both channels) at 2ohm, but I'm not sure if that's good. So you need to tell us if your CVRs are dual 2 or dual 4 and EXACTLY how your voice coils are configured (wired together). BTW Isaac, you must've had that intake amp for a while now, how is it??

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 947
Cody

The problem is Audiobahn

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 407
Come on, Joey, help the guy with a problem at hand. Most amps that are stable only at 4ohm would not do very well at 2 or 1ohm load. You know he doesn't have it connected right and you know he probably won't be getting rid of it if it still works...so help with that. You can suggest another amp if this one's really blown.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5988
Cody, I've personally tested that amp. It's a good value for your money.
Here's how you can test whether your ohms are too low for the amp. Use DMM and meansure the VCs on the subs. Like Oleg said, that amp is 4ohm stable bridged. If you can't meet that, then run each sub on it's own channel. The amp is 2ohm stable in stereo mode.
Also check the gain/level on the amp. If set incorrectly, it'll shut down. Next time it does that, touch the amp's case. If it really hot, then you're exceeding the minimum ohm requirement.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 422
Moving off topic now. Isaac, any reason to get any other amp? How's sound quality? Does it overheat? Build quality?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5990
Oleg, unless the amp is bad, no need to get another one. For what it costs, you won't find too many that will out perform dramatically.
I've been feeding 4ohms per channel, and the hottest it got was warm. At 2ohms, it did start to get hot. A better fan will certainly keep the temperature down. The one it comes with, is very cheaply made.
The 8002T has survived -30 degree winter, as well as frost. One winter, the amp had ice all over the case, but it still worked without a hiccup.
So from my testing, it was a good value for the money. Can say that about other brands.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4221
^^^i told ya he knows the brand

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 428
I know he does, he posted a thread for us before he ordered it. In most cases, audiobahn amps cannot be beat at this price range. They're just too cheap!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us