Kicker vs. Alpine

Bronze Member
Username: Livingloudl7

Post Number: 24
Ok I have 1 15" Kicker L7 and 1 15" Alpine Type R. Which one should I keep? Pretty close I suppose.. Type R's hold better sound most likely while the L7s push more spl. If it was you which one would you keep?

And also would 1200-1300 watts be ok for the type r daily? I'm sure it would.. but I'd hate to be wrong. Probably in a 6ft^3 box ported.

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 348
i would keep the type r

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 3966
Yup.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3812
which one do you personnally like better?

id go R tho...

Silver Member
Username: 40hz

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 142
keepem both,use the L7 for some migrane SPL,the R for daily use.my 2 cents

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Haha nah can't keep them both need money for a new amp. the l7 is a month old the type r is brand new. I've never heard it before so I can't go by ear to tell which one I should keep.. but Alpine really did well with that type R, it seems like a lot of people like them

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 350
in the right box that R will bump hard

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
For Sure... Wish I would have gotten the 2 ohm tho. I planned on getting 2 4 ohms and wiring down to 1 ohm.. hopefully i can sell that l7 and buy another type r.

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 857
talk to mark potts about the type r...if ya wanna dish out a lil $$$ for a box he will make that type-r sick loud!!!

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 490
^^^^^^ x2

TypeR wins hands down if it's in one of mark's boxes.

Bronze Member
Username: Imalik

Jackson, New Jersey Ocean

Post Number: 89
What kind of sound are you looking for???...Spl hands down L7.

Silver Member

Post Number: 494
^^^^^

Judging from that statement you haven't heard a Type R in a TCAB box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
Really??? I dont need to hear it in a TCAB box Spl L7>R
Put both in a TCAB and then you tell me..LOL

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 493
ive heard 1 R in a tcab on an orion 2500d and it wanged like no other...so keep the R and get a hold of mark potts www.thecaraudiobox.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
Type R and a 2500D is not going to last too long...Go to TCAB site a look at the video with the L7.

Silver Member

Post Number: 509
If the L7 is also in a good box such as a TCAB, it will probably a little louder. However, kickers SQ and build quality suck. The Type R is the better all around sub.

What I was trying to say is that Mark has a lot of expierence with TypeR's and can build boxes that make them way louder than you would expect.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10799
i would keep the Type R !...

Bronze Member
Username: Kickerandy

Vesta, MN America

Post Number: 91
dude man, dont get either, i would go with a sony explode, you can get em from wal-mart for cheap!! or the pioneers, there all pretty good, but kicker?? alpine??? not good enough for the price!!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10800
^^^u must be BSing with us right ? ......

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3848
hes recommened the explode in a couple other threads now...i just hope no one takes his posts seriously

Bronze Member

Vesta, MN America

Post Number: 93
HEY "Yanks"!!! first off i just wanna say that the YANKEES SUCK ASSE all they do is jsut buy their talent, here in minnesota, we make em good, and thats how we win, and u better bet that the yenks are goona be shity this year, yanks are retarded....twins rule!}, but ya explodes are nice, not the yanks

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3850
alrite man...come say something when you guys win 26 world series...
how are we gonna be sh1tty?? you must not know who we have on our team...let me fill you in my friend:
derek jeter
robinson cano
alex rodriguez
johnny damon
bobby abreu
jason giambi
hideki matsui
jorge posada
melky cabrera
bernie williams

carl pavano
mariano rivera
maike mussina
chein ming wang
andy pettite
kyle farnsworth
scott proctor

Bronze Member

Vesta, MN America

Post Number: 97
let me see......ya you should have won MORE world series with players like that, you bought em all, and you ddint ONCE bring one up from the minors and make him into a star....oh ya!! minnesota does that.... oh and who got the MVP last year...i think...oh ya it was joe mauer!! what?? i dunno i might be wrong tho... check the internet HAHAH

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3854
LOLOLOLOL

what kind of twins fan are you?? joe mauer didnt win MVP, justin morneau did you retard...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3855
bump for andy to see...

Silver Member

Vesta, MN America

Post Number: 101
F U with taht bump sh*t, must be somthin that the yankees do or sumthin when their bangin each other.. i dunno.. best batting ave., what?? better than who?? oh ya the YANKS so ya i hope the yanks BUY some really good players this year so they can be good and win a world series with boughten players....i really do

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3856
lol...im done argueing with you about yankees and twins...its obvious whos better and everyone knows it...your just too stuborn to know it...come back to me when you get a valid arguement besides "they buy their players"...cause that gets old...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3857
bump...

and andy, i dont think you know what bump even means do you?

Silver Member

Vesta, MN America

Post Number: 106
no i dont..like i said, its sumthin taht the yanks doo....oh...ur leaving?? you dont have anything else to say bout them?? ooo WHAMMY!! i win, the TWINS WIN>>>TWINS WIN WHOOOOOO!!!!! ya and the players are a bunch of stuck up, over paid,and they dont get along w/ each other cause they all want to be the best, "players" u admidt that!!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3858
it doesnt matter if they get along or not...its all about how they perform on the field, i dont give a f0ck if they hate each other off the field, on the field its nothing but business

and of course they all wanna be the best, what kind of player doesnt wanna be the best on their team?? that arguement makes no sense either...try again...WHAMMY lol

and you say bump casue the forum doesnt pick up on the fact you posted something and they dont "bump" the thread to the top of the list...so you post "bump" hoping the forum "bumps" the thread to the top...

Silver Member

Vesta, MN America

Post Number: 111
ok, if a team cant get along w/ each other off the feild, there not goona get along w/ each other on the feild, even u know that!!if uve evr played basball, you would know that u have to be like a family out there, always watchen out 4 each other, its a bussiness and much more.and ya if the all wanna be the best, then say a-rod gets the MVP the rest of his teamates are goona be like ....oh congrats man....but deep down inside, their pissed at him, and thats why they dont get along! just admidt it!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
Yanks fan leave him alone...you cant compare apples
to oranges nor YANKEES to twins.. yes the Yankees do get high price free agents...A ton of teams wish they could, bottom line is they cant afford them, so they are now GREEN with envy.If there team could spend like the Yankees they would not hate the way they do ...Got Rings???

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3865
lol thanks i-malik...i gave up with argueing with that dude...it wasnt going anywhere so whatever...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
uhhh soo ok kept the alpine thanks.. also learned a little baseball.. uhh thanks?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us