Budget amp

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 117
well I'm going to college and don't have that much money to spend and I'm 2 year away from graduation I'm looking for a budget amp to power 2 alpine type r 12" at least at 1000w at 1 or 2 ohms.
my budget is 300 bucks no more. I want to buy it new for the warranty. thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 113
hifonics bxi1606d

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 584
^^^^^ x2

Some ebay stores may have it within your budget

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 119
should i push them at 1100 at 2 ohms or 1600 at 1 omh???
i hear they can take more than 500 rms daily.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 587
Hifonics amps only do about 80% of their rated power. So you would want to run at 1 ohm, and get about 1200 watts.

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 867
or if ya dont mind llok around the forums for some used stuff and u might be able to get somthing a lil better or a lil cheaper

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 165
I run a MA Audio HK401sx... got it off ebay stores for $225. Its pushing 2 kicker comp 15" right now and it pounds ( 2 ohm load bout 500wrms) . I will be running at 1 ohm with a Fi.Q 15 very soon and it will be around 1000wrms

I have been very pleased with Ma Audio's HK line of monoblock amps. A lot of people dont like them but they are budget amps... you can't ask for 3000wrms for 200 bucks.

"You get what you pay for", always true but with this amp there is no clipping and it is very clean. Not bad for 200 bucks and it will push a good 1500 rms at .5ohms (its .5 ohm stable ) if you ever needed a little more power

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4216
hey hey forget about those suggestions. I have a perfect amp for you, very decent.

Buy two Alpine type R dual 2 ohm and a jbl gto 1201.1

That's a perfect match. I know hifonics is decent, but he can afford better so, leave hifonics. I know some guys will agree with me.

And hell no! forget ma audio.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 420
What's the budget anyway? About $300 shipped you can get Orion HCCA-D2400. 1200W(and probably more) rms into 1ohm. I can personally testify to that amp's performance. There was a thread where a guy ran 9 subs with that amp into a 0.44ohm load and it never got hot. I think it's just awesome.

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 125
lol i would never buy Ma, a friend of mine bought it and thanks to his warranty he is running his 4th amp it keeps burning and he is running it at 4ohms just at rms and the gain is at half. lol
I'm thinking about the jbl, but i have never seen one working, and about the orion what online store carry that model??
thanks for all he replies.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 432
I actually just got my JBL amp and will install it later this evening. It's a heavy ba$tard haha
I'm not running subs with it, so it'll be treated very nicely with a 4ohm load. eBay has that orion amp.

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

Jackson, New Jersey Ocean

Post Number: 101
Take a look at this amp its in your range
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=373
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us