BAD RATTLING

Bronze Member
Username: Bies08

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 98
so i was playing my subs today and all ofa sudden it started sound like the rattling in the trunk got HORRIBLE! soo when i got home i folded my rear seats down in my mustang..adn one of hte subs was rattling? did i blow it? the other one is fight. BTW my subs are 300 rms and im running an audiobahn hct 1300 watt something or another?? When im coming home from school about 15 min away i really BAD smell starts come from the subs or amp..i think subs? am i overpowering them or waht? i know that audiobahn isn't actually pushing 1300 watts..soo im confsued!

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 512
wuts the model of the subs and wuts the model of the amp...u prob fried the sub...take it out and look at the spider or voice coils

Bronze Member

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 100
umm..
Subwoofers-http://www.totalmobileaudio.com/products_subs.php?sub_id=418
Yes i know that was probably my first mistake. At first i just wnated a little more bass and the guy said that JL made them so i figured they had to be pretty good quality

Amp-http://www.caraudiodeals.com/audiobahn-a1300hct-1200w-rms-mono-hicurrent-flame-a mp-p-50.html

I had a MRD-M605 but it got fried and i sent it in. Took forever so i bought my friends amp(the audiobahn) for 200

Silver Member

Post Number: 519
so if im right ur subs are single 4 ohm coils...wut ohm load do you have it wired for?

i would buy new subs cuz those handle 150watss each and it doesnt even say the rms rating...

i would get 2 of these and wire it up for 1 ohm
http://www.audioque.com/aq/SD2_5_Series.htm

plus ive never even heard of those subs that u have and they dont look too good

Silver Member

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 101
umm no my subs are dual voice coil. I'm running at 4 ohm. Yeah my subs now were cheap. And i was new to this whole thing and i was just going to stick wiht these subs. I jsut wanted a LITTLE more bass..well it kinda turned into a hobby soo yeah..now im upgrading this summer..

Silver Member

Post Number: 520
sounds to me like it is fried or torn spyder or something. like i said beofr take it out and look and c if ne things wrong. if it didnt smell good then its prob not good. your prob gunna have to buy a new sub. ide make a post here about wut to get a reasearce some be4 u buya new sub though. u can get some pretty good subs for low proces. my fav is audioque SD2.5 like i mentioned above and they would work pretty good with that amp if u wired them to ohm. and there only 110 each plus shipping for the 12". fi and dd make good sh!t too. re is also ok

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 522
TMA cant be that bad JL makes good quality stuff even tho its very overpriced. and all their ratings are done in RMS

Silver Member

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 103
what do yo uthink about diamond audio D6's or type R's?>

Silver Member

Post Number: 524
ive never personaly heard then and dont no much bout them but ive heard some good things...ide wait and c wut some other ppl have to say

Silver Member

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 104
yeah i thoguht bout W3's or something but there too expensive!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 528
wuts ur budget?

Silver Member

Post Number: 529
didnt bump

Silver Member