Where to send blown subs???

Bronze Member
Username: Mrwebb

Post Number: 22
i have found out that my memphis 15's are both blown by my Memphis 1000d they both bow out and stay pushed out until i unplug them....where can i send them for repair? price range? or should i invest in 2 new subs?

Silver Member
Username: Spidercoder

Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Post Number: 150
new subs

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2032
It may not be your subs, but your amp. If they move, they may still be good. Can you put a DMM (Digital Multi Meter) on the coils and see what they read?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
i'm not familiar with a dmm...how else can i tell if its the amp? it was just popping fuses at first everytime i hooked the subs up now it just pushes the subs out

Bronze Member
Username: Scorpionzero454

Post Number: 74
if your amp continues to blow fuses when you turn it on, it's the amp. same thing happened with mine. i believe it's called short circuit. these amps are very sensitive, you have to be careful with your wiring. i took mine to a local memphis dealer and the owner shipped it back with a warranty and it only costed 75 for shipping to fix it.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2041
If the subs move out and stay there then the amp may be shorted and putting 12 volts directly to the subs. If you got the amp thru memphis, its a life time garantee. If not, look for a local shop to fix it. $80 to whatever. Open the amp and look inside. Take some pics and post em here so as I can laugh at your misfortune. Any of your buds got a meter that can help you out?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
ok...i ill get some pics and does any1 know that since it maybe putting out 12 volts directly 2 da speakers would me having my capacitor hooked up could have malfunctioned and caused the problem or could it still be my amp?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us