Ignorance is bliss

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 558
I sold my HCCA-D5000 recently, and took it out of my Jeep in perfect working order. I shipped it to the guy in the same packaging and everything as it was sent to me. He messages me the other day and says the amp is not working and is going to protect mode. When I ask him what is wrong he says I dont know its goin into protect mode. I tried to tell him what to check and that the orion amps like that show up as protect when the car or SW output is turned off. He then says well I really dont know what I'm doing with this and he had some shop do it. The only thing I can figure out is the shop doesnt know what theyre doing or there is a problem with the hookups for his speaker. Im kinda pissed about this so i figured I'd vent lol

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 381
Get it off your chest. I know how you feel.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, USA

Post Number: 2874
"Im kinda pissed about this so i figured I'd vent lol"

kinda contradicts itself wen you "laugh out loud"
at the end of an angry sentence =P

neways sry to hear but if it did work you cna let the guy sort it out b/c its not your problem its his =P

Silver Member

Post Number: 560
yea i told him to take pictures of how it was installed and send them to me, and then i said for him to go to a certified orion dealer because if its in protect mode its a problem with the way its installed, not the amp. the only thing im worried about is the paypal claim thing and hes not getting my money because the amp was in perfect working condition.

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 380
I completly agree with everything you are saying, but good luck with:

"...hes not getting my money because the amp was in perfect working condition."

Paypal is a joke and they don't give a sh!t. Although it's bs...if he doesn't get it to work and files a claim, it's not going to be good for you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 561
well i can take all the money out of my account that funds paypal to avoid that BS

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 381
Hate to break it to you but that doesn't work. That's what I tried when I sent out my subs and the guy claimed they didn't work. They were sent perfect as well. I pulled the money out, but paypal went in and just sent my account into the negative. You don't have to have money in there, they will just put you in debt to them. It's BS I know.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 382
Bump!

Silver Member

Post Number: 562
so if you put money in ur account it goes straight to paypal?

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 383
If I were to deposit right now, yes. And that is what would happen to you as well if the guy made a dispute and won and you had no money left in the account.

Silver Member

Post Number: 563
damn thats fucked up! Ima get him to just file a claim with fedex either way because i shipped imsured.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 384
Yeah...do what you can. However, I insured my package and USPS wouldn't do SH!T about it. Good luck with it tho. Hope it turns out well for you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 564
thanks!! i hope its just a dumb hookup error though thats what its sounding like...if the amp was blown the protect light wouldnt even come on would it?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5945
Everybody wants insurance money, except when it's time to collect, no one wants to help nor pay out. The only ones that actually make it hassle free are the banks. But then again, they do make billions of dollars off of suckers like you and me.
Paypay is a joke. They won't do anything until they have no other choice. Then they will tell you to ship the crap to their depo and wait till it's investigated again. You have to eat the shipping and insurance cost again. That part's not refundable. After months later, if they owe you money, it'll be 20% - 30% of the money you paid originally. Total ripoff.
If you ask me how I know in detail, I had to make a claim with Paypal. This is why I tell everyone to not bother with their purchase insurance. Use credit card instead cause banks will credit you almost instantly.
This is another reason why there are lot of crooks on eBay. When they get paid, they withdrawl right away and close the account, and open up another one few weeks later.
If you have to sell amps/subs or anything electronic, you almost have to make a small video of the product working before shipping. Then no one can dispute it.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 307
This is why you should not link your primary bank account to paypal. Fund ALL paypal payments with a credit card, and don't keep money in your paypal account. That way, if paypal tries to charge the money to your CC, you call your CC company and have them do a chargeback. If it's a good company they will do it without any hassle, and paypal can't do sh!t about it.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3219
i dont think you can do charge backs with a paypal charge im pretty sure its in there TOS

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 309
Oh snap, I didn't realize Goin Deaf was the seller, for some reason I thought he was the buyer. In that case, you are not in a good situation, sorry man. When you sell stuff on ebay and accept paypal as payment, there's not a whole lot you can do if the buyer really wants their money back they most likely will get it. The only thing you can do is accept money orders only when selling something expensive.

About the chargebacks, paypal does not have the power to disallow them. They are controlled by the credit card companies. Here is a quote from the TOS:

" 6. Relationship between PayPal Buyer Protection and Credit Card Chargeback Rights. If you used a credit card to fund a purchase of goods or services through PayPal, you may have chargeback rights granted by your credit card issuer. Credit card chargebacks, if they apply, often cannot be filed more than 60 days after the transaction.

You can choose to pursue the PayPal Buyer Protection process by filing a dispute under the Online Dispute Resolution process and by filing a subsequent claim under PayPal protection policies or your credit card chargeback rights; however, you cannot pursue both at the same time or seek a double recovery. "

Basically, filing a chargeback is the same thing as filing a dispute with paypal, except your CC company makes the decision about who gets the money. This is good for you as a buyer, since they will usually give you the money cause they want to keep you as a customer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 566
well i closed the paypal account down.

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

Memphis HPO 15 Wangers..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 1231
yea...scr@w him..you know it was in working condition...

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

Memphis HPO 15 Wangers..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 1232
yea...screw him..you know it was in working condition...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us