Another batt?

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

EveryThing I Own is FO..., OK U.S.A

Post Number: 698
im buyin a zx2500, and already have an ho alt, 200a, and my lights still dim with my current zx1500, i have a stock battery with a battcap 400, do i need to put another battery somewhere, or what?? cause i dont wanna clip anything??

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3262
how bad is your voltage drop, if you lights dim it doesnt really mean much at all. go measure with a DMM to see how bad the volts drop and come back.

Silver Member

Post Number: 706
yeah dude i dont got one of those. the lights barely dim, u have to stare at it for it to be noticable, and my battery reads 12.7 at my dads dealership wen they did the 26pt inspection on it.. if that helps at all

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3276
ok well its kinda hard to say without having a DMM but i think you should be fine as long as you arnt dropping below battery voltage.

lights dim from even a very small voltage change like say 14-13.5 i notice a big dim in my car even with a HO alt it does make a lot of dimming. but my voltage isnt dropping low at all its just changing so because of that change youll see dimming

Silver Member

Post Number: 708
k, so u think i should go ahead and buy a kinetik or just wait and see what it does?

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3277
just wait and see because right now it sounds like your fine, but with all the extra current you may need bigger reserve from a battery.

Silver Member

Post Number: 709
k thanks mat
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us