SPL

Silver Member
Username: Thecrypt

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 137
Hey I'm looking to build a powerful system with SPL in mind. Do you know what I should be looking at? I'm talking you know like 4 sets (or more) of high power handling components and a sub system to shake things up a bit, because I've felt SPL and now I'm all drooly over it.

What subs, amps, and speakers should I be looking at for this budget?

HU=$1k
Speakers=$3k
Subs=$8k
Amps? What do I need to drive what I get to full output? I really want to make a system that I can hear and feel from far away. My limitations are to the space behind the two front seats, so I can have space for large, robust amps and subs. Thanks for your recommendations as to good SPL equipment. I know the SQ amps and subs, but not the SPL side of things. Fill me in??

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2001
8k on subs. lmao, thats a huge amount right thurr. You'll loose your hearing having 8k worth of subs and all those kilo watts of power. If you truly have that much money, just go to a high quality shop.

Silver Member

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 138
I've taken a trip out and listened. After hearing that they all got plenty loud I decided to try pushing them to see what happened then. The results differed...

I took a cheap little 5 inch woofer on it's last legs and blasted 4k RMS through it at 40hz...it did put out a lot..for a second or so.

I then took a stroker pro and blasted 15kw through it...everything shook, but they got really nervous. Then the JackHammer...Same, but worse (I actually pushed it's excursion limits..OMG)...I'm not going to blow my subwoofer budget on one though..at 8k NO WAY!

Well anyway, I found the Focal 18" KX4 to fit my needs. I was able to get a deal of $1k each! Once they have 8 in I'm going to go pick them up. For the amps, after a lot of listening, I decided on an Alpine F#1 Status like my Expedition. For the speakers I decided to go all Focal so I was able to get a great deal of 1k each on the Focal K3P UV like I have in my expedition, but I instead ordered 6 pair and will finally take advantage of all the channels available from the F#1 so I can have my cake AND eat it too! To correctly power this, I REALLY liked McIntosh...they recommended it hands down if I get the more powerful models (love those watt meters). I'm giving all the speakers 1200w from McIntosh (That 7.2kw scares ME! For speakers in Bi-Amp anyway) Each sub is getting a 600w McIntosh for each VC..MAN I'm drooling so much..I guess it's my fault for looking at something that I think will look and sound cool, but actually buying it! They said I'm going to need like 5000 amps is the problem ...well I say hit me up with a multi-alt system for free (gotta love customer service) to supply all those amps (I'll never push the watts much anyway...but my goal was for this to be the ultimate SQL setup. If I ever play it with that much power running for even a second, I'll have to get my hearing checked anyway, ya know? Thanks for the suggestion of the radio volume control on the Remote Start.

None of the installation or purchase starts until I can get the funds ... so I'm going to wait until the beginning of next month when funds are in order. Man I'm going to be so crazy drooly all over this when I get it! I can't wait to watch all those watt meters peaking meaning 30kw (120kw Peak...GOD FORBID!!!) The best part is it will all be concealed in limo tint so people don't get all weird about it. I expect that if all the amplifiers ever hit higher than their rated peak output I'll be watching blood come out of my ears and people's cars at the intersection falling apart. I don't expect to ever turn it up that high...it's just nice knowing I've got all that reserve at bay...you know for if I ever feel like booming 20hz through the neighborhood. Do you think I could win any SQL SQ or SPL comps with it? If so, which one?

Silver Member

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 139
It'll probably be more like a year..I'd rather put this toward my amplifier section of my HT project as I already have a car audio system anyway don't I? My dream system of the future it is then

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3349
wow dude...pass some money my way lol...a total of 12k, i have that much for a car lol...8k for subs alone is insane, 8k for a whole system can get you an insane sytem...im having trouble convincing myself to spend 1k on my new sh!t...you just brought to a whole new level tho...can we get pics of everything when you get it?
and is that real? or is this a joke...cause 12k is awesome man...

Silver Member

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 141
I could get a 12k system right now, but a system like that I'll have to wait until the beginning of the year (cuz of the amps, love those amps, maybe I'll use their home line in my system ) 2008 to build up that kinda funding.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3739
bull shyt u pushed the jackhammer its excursion??

the cone alone its around 5 punds ull need at least 15k rms to over excur that thing

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1304
^^^ I call bluff. Someone raise the BS flag. Not to mention there are a lot better SQL subs that 18 inch focals. All focal subs are made mroe towards SQ. Not saying it won't be loud, but you could do better for the money, that I don't believe you are going to put towards a system. Prove me wrong.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 302
Pics or a vid would help the situation. Wouldn't you agree Mr. Rob?

Silver Member

Post Number: 303
Good point Reece Brassler! You mean like the Elemental Designs 19ov.2. Great SQL!

Silver Member

Post Number: 304
Good point Reece Brassler! You mean like the Elemental Designs 19Ov.2. Great SQL!

Silver Member

Post Number: 305
Sorry for the duplicate. There was some type of page error, then two?????

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 897
well I'd slam it with
eclipse avn5445 double din touch screen
rainbow 6.5 comps all the way around
2-4 dd 9918
4 z2s
amps for rainbows I'd go anything high end 4channels and
battery heven kinetik 2400
plenty of those and dual 300amp alt