Would this work (bl 15 box) (pics)

Bronze Member
Username: Boxy_brown

Post Number: 67
Box Ext: 27wx28dx14h

Port 25.5w x 2.5 h x 22.5 d

4cu @ 32hz w/ 64" of port

im not going to take credit for this i found it on a fi forum but i was just trying to figure out if this all was calulated with the mdf thinkness in mind and wat adjustments would have to be made

Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 291
should work i found this on ficaraudio.com for the 15": 2.8-4 cuft @ 30-37Hz

i could probly design a box for u if this one doesnt work ive designed all mine

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
ok i was doing some calulations and i dont think the mdf thinkness in taken to account, im a noobie if yall could varafie that just to make sure i didnt mess something up please, thanks

Silver Member

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 292
yes it is. it is 4.88 ft^3 the port is .83 and sub is about .15 so after sub and port displacment it is 3.9-4 ft^3

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
really snarl you think you could help me with fixing these measurments to make the mdf over lap properly with, ummmmm what do you suggest 3/4 or 1 ?

Silver Member

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 293
3/4 with some bracing. the box as it is right now is good its just hard to tell where the wood overlaps. thats why i like making all my own stuff because i make a list with all the peices i need then i go to sketchup and make a 3d model with measurement then print it out in different views and it is rly ez to make the box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
wait wait wait i think it is set for 3/4 ahhh im such a nooBie

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
you think i could add bracing on the out side i dont really care how it looks i just dont want to have to re do the volumes

Silver Member

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 294
well the pic above is most likly 3/4 thats how i would make it. then i would have to decide if i want to put bracing for extra support into it

besides if the pic above was 1 instead of 3/4 the ft^3 wouldnt be 4

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
can bracing be put on the out side of the box and still be affective?

Silver Member

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 296
no you put it inside f the box usually in the middle but make sure it doesnt get in the way of the sub. it just supports the box. but if the vent is big enough and far enough up the box it will act as a support and you wont need the brace but it all depends on the total box size and how strong it is

Silver Member

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 297
that box should be good becuase its only like 12inches tall so as long as you dont put a lot of stress on it (like sitting on it, off roading and hitting the ground hard) i would think it would be fine
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us