Q vs XxX

Silver Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Charlotte, North Carolina

Post Number: 374
comparing 12" versions of the Q and the 05xxx. which would be louder on a sx1250.1, better sq. and if the xxx is better would the extra options fiaudio offers help?

Silver Member

Post Number: 375
anyone? i really need to kno today

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10018
i haven't heard the Q but i have heard the xxx. it has one of the best sq i've heard.

alot of people compare the two and say the q sounds better and vice versa. i personally would take the q cause of the price.

Silver Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 143
The Q has 27mm of Xmax and handles 1000rms. The 05xxx has 33mm of Xmax and handles 1600rms. I thinks it obvious which will get louder. Both should sound awesome. I think you would be happy with either. The Q is a great deal. But the xxx will give you the edge in SPL.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3256
i'd go with the q.

Silver Member

Post Number: 376
thats what i was thinking but i wanted to make sure the 12 would be loud enough for me since i only want to run one. my last install was a 15" sx so i need to be close to that

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 655
Qcsfinest i just bought a 05 XXX last week. It will be install later on this week. I'll tell you how it sounds.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3259
i had a thread about a 15" XXX and a 15" Q and a 15" MAG...the Q was the winner

Silver Member

Post Number: 377
what was the name of that thread so i can look it up?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3260
should be 15" MAG vs. 15" Q or vice versa...

Silver Member

Post Number: 378
I went back and looked it up and im still just as confused as ever. looks like the xxx has better sq and is louder but might cost me a 100 extra for a used sub.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1230
I don't think tha XXX woudl necessarily be that much audibly louder. Maybe on a TL is it, but with the same amount of power, the Q has better sensitivity and you aren't even running full power on the XXX.

Silver Member

Post Number: 379
ok if i decided to go with a amp that does 1500-1600 at 1ohm on the xxx vs 1250.1 on the Q. will it make that big of a difference?

Gold Member

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1232
Nope. The difference between a couple hundred watts probably won't make that much of a difference audibly. The XXX will probably be a little louder, but I can't imagine it blowing the Q out of the water.

Silver Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 149
The 05xxx has 33mm of xmax. The Q has 27mm. Thats 66P-P for the XXX and 54P-P for the Q. The XXX has 22% more excursion then the Q. Then extra wattage handling adequately make up for the lack of sensetivity(which isnt that important of a TS for subs anyways), and it gives the XXX the headroom to reach full excursion in ported enclosures(b/c, as we all know, ported enclosures restrict the movement of the cone at or around the boxes tuning.) And I wouldn't call 600 watts a small difference. Sure, theoreticaly, you must multiply your power(watts) by 10 to get an audible doubling of output. But, by the same math, a doubling of power equates to a 3db rise in SPL(varies). So, 600 watts is definitely around a 2db difference. Thats 20% more output. Wow, somehow that matches up with the 22% more xmax the XXX has over the Q. The extra xmax also helps in a sealed enclosure with the LOWWS. A sub must move quite a bit of air to reproduce a 20hertz note. The original retail value on the XXX was higher as well, so its very obvious which sub is better here, how much money he is willing to spend is up to him. I would also dare to say the XXX sounds better(or atleast as good as) the Q.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1062
wheres Scott when you need him?... lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 380
hell yea. i emailed them and still no answer

Gold Member

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1243
he didn't say 600 watts nick. He said 1500-1600 watts compared to an sx1250.1 which puts out somewhere around 1300-1400 most of the time. 200 watts difference isnt that much
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us