Amplifier Starting To Go?

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 478
I don't know why, but my system has been acting up lately. When I go over 50 mph, my system wont play, but it does have power. Weird thing though is when I press on the brake, or use my turning signal, my system will start working again which is really weird. I checked all the wiring and everything seems to be in place, nothings loose. Anyone have an idea to what might be wrong?

Username: Dietmtdew23

Post Number: 4
im no electrician, but it sounds like you have a deep electrical probally that could take some time to figure out.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5924
Well it's not voodoo magic, What you need to do is isolate the problem. First off, use a DMM and monitor the voltage going into the amp at 50Mph. Next, monitor while braking/turning. If it stays above 12.5v then the amp is getting proper power.
If that's okay, use a portable cd player and connect it to the amp's input RCAs. Play it while driving and braking. If it does not cut off, then the problem lies somewhere near the HU and RCA input cables. Check for shorts that you can not see with DMM.

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 480
so one possibility to the problem is that my battery could just need a changing?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5925
Joe, use a DMM and try the tests. It should give you some answers. It could be a battery problem, but don't guess.

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 222
If it was the battery, you would prolly have trouble starting your car. IF you dont, I would not consider this to be the problem. Sounds more like you have an electrical issue that will need the involement of a DMM.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us