Capacitor questions

Username: Torn

Post Number: 6
is voodoo a good brand name for making capacitors? and is there any other brand of capacitor with digital display thats better?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3264
why would you want one? you already have a proper charging system for your system? please don't say you are wanting one for helping your lights from dimming.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11360
^^we all no thats what he is going to say

Post Number: 7
lol, i don't want one i NEED one because lights dim, amp light dims and cd player skips, when i connect 1 speaker only and not 2 it dims but does not skip, and im talking about mp3 skipping i am unable to listen to cd's without it skipping and making a scratched records sound, know how imbarassin that is when you roll past hot girls? :S

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11386
" i NEED one"

noob..boon..noob..wow..just calm down u dont need one...

http://wickedcases.com/caraudio/capacitors.html

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 267
Torn must be from the Circut City forum where everyone thinks caps are needed when the lights dim. No, you need an HO alternator. It's that simple. Maybe big 3 upgrades as well. A capacitor will only camoflage the dimming while burning up the alternator faster than if there is no cap. Trust the info on this forum. Check out my backgroung in my profile. I am not here to back any specific products. I, like everyone else just give you advise or our opinions based on past experiences or knowledge. Welcome to ecoustics.

Post Number: 9
hmm i dunno anything about the "HO alternator" is it expensive? i drive a 92 camry, and the capacitor doesent help the amp get the juice it needs? i dunoe im confused please explain in a noob language :P. all i know is my power supply from the battery sux.

Silver Member

Post Number: 279
NO! A capacitor only stores "juce" and the only good thing about them is that they can discharge a few miliseconds faster than a battery. But, then they have to be recharged and the extra draw on the alt from the battery recharging and the cap recharging, there is a bigger draw than there would be without the cap. This will in turn burn up your factory alt and battery after a period of time and could be costly to repair. If your lights are dimming you need a HO alt so you can sustain a higher voltage in your electrical system. Your factory alt cannot sustain 14+ volts during high volumes of play. High alst are quite pricy but are worth evry penny. They will also help get as much as possible out of your amps wattage capabilities, well bring the wattage output closer to the rated power, because most amp companies rate their amps at 14+ volts. I highly reccammend NO CAP and a HO alt with a Big 3 Upgrade. Problem solved.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1001
^Not always :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 283
Well the major majority of the time. Congrats on Gold status.

Silver Member

Post Number: 284
What is it exactly that you disagree with? Unsure??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us