New H.U. in a '00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Bronze Member
Username: Jgelp7

Post Number: 26
I own a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, the ones with the PCI Bus wire connecting to the factory radio. I want to install a new head unit but I'm facing problems. First off, the PCI wire was cut and it shorted out causing power locks windows and interior lights to malfunction, a $900 problem to fix. The problem is I'm not sure if the car would have worked properly or not if the PCI wasn't cut, because the new HU have no place to connect a PCI Bus wire. Without connecting the PCI Bus wire, would my car function properly? Or does the PCI Bus wire make it impossible to install a new HU?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Does anybody know?

Bronze Member
Username: Skibum12189

Post Number: 53
I'll take it your jeep has the infinity system. haha sorry I'm not sure whats goin on with the wires, but I had no problem just installing my head unit in my 2000 regular cherokee with the infinity. If the dealership or someone messed with that stuff though they should have put it back to normal. I'd say take it to them and ask them about.....

Jw, which is the PCI wire, if i take my head unit ill check it out...maybe theyre the same wire colors, etc.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
its a yellow/violet wire with a white plastic plug on the end which plugged into the radio seperate from the wiring harness.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Jennifer, any thoughts?

Gold Member
Username: Leew

XXXX!!WWWW, Yokosuka, ... Holla Back Y...

Post Number: 1282
Well,If you want so badly the aftermarket head unit,let's say Alpine IVA with navigation and DVD and maybe with rear camera,then run two new power line.One for memory(+12V Constant) take it straight from the battery (make fuse in line 15Amp).And switched (aka ACC wire) take it from cigar. lighter...that it!
Do you have a wiring schema, right? you need it for speakers!
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Well I never touched anything after I had the wiring problem fixed. Like I said, the problem was a short caused by the PCI bus being mistakenly cut and it fried a computer in the door. My question still is whether I would be able to have an aftermarket head unit work in my Jeep, because there is no place to connect the PCI bus from the car into the new HU, so how would it work?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
bump

Does anyone have any knowledge on PCI Bus wires or jeeps wiring configuration for '00 models? I'm just not sure if any head unit would work with my car because no after market head units have a plug for a PCI Bus wire, and I really don't ant to touch the radio right now in fear of making another $900 mistake. Jen are you out there?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us