Tenacious Tazmanians Terrorize Transylvania!!!

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 513
okay now that i got your attention :-)...

So because i just dropped some loot on my new car, i can't really justify spending hundreds more right away on a system (even though i want to). Amp is gonna be like 3 bills, about 2 bills for the HU, and another hundred or so for the wires/amp kit...

so for now i can do one of three things...

a. Buy the HU and get that hooked up so i'm rollin with some nice sq speakers but not much bass to hold me off.

b. Buy the amp/box/amp kit and get my arsenals moving so i'm bumpin but it'll be off of my Jeeps Cd player. (would this even be safe for my subs/amp?)

c. Don't buy anything for now, instead just wait till i can buy and install it all at once.

Lemme know what y'all think, all advice is welcome. Except from biggs, who is a giant man-wh0re.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4253
I would go w/ an HU and some components. At least your mids/highs will sound better then stock.

Then when you do save up some more $, get an amp for the components and for whatever sub(s) you get. Also, you will get a MUCH better signal to your amp(s) w/ an after market HU.

Silver Member

Post Number: 514
when you say that i'll get a much better signal to my amp(s) with a better HU...can you explain what you mean by that?

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 395
Depends on what kind of stock receiver ya got. Does it have rca jacks? If not, the receiver is the heart and soul of your system. Start with that first. While your in there run your rca's on back. Maybe even get a small amp for your highs and hook them up for now. That'll motivate ya to run that hot wire.

Silver Member

Post Number: 515
ooooo i forgot to add that as of right now i don't plan on upgrading the speakers...IMO infinity is where it's at as far as speakers go...and my Jeep already has the upgraded Infinity system with the external amp under the back seat...i really like the way they sound, and they'll only sound even better with a nice PP HU in there.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3128
"Lemme know what y'all think, all advice is welcome. Except from biggs, who is a giant man-wh0re."

lol...why is he man-wh0re?

in order of what i would do... C,A,B

just my opinion tho

Silver Member

Post Number: 516
cuz he posts pics of himself flexing his muscles on ecoustics...he isn't though really, i'm just bein silly, i keed i keed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 517
i guess i'm leaning towards option A at this point. i'm a total install newbie and i wanna learn some stuff this time by doing everything myself so i'm ancy to get started on a project!!

i want mr. chad lees opinion but he's too cool for my thread :-(

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 197
"my Jeep already has the upgraded Infinity system with the external amp under the back seat"

I don't know exactly how those stock infinity systems work, but doesn't anyone else think that might present a problem with an aftermarket HU?

Silver Member

Post Number: 520
good question M.S....anyone know? if it's gonna be an issue i just need to know a.s.a.p.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 9814
C

Silver Member

Post Number: 521
c'mon chad with all your car audio knowledge, only a 1 letter post?!?! what about a pioneer premier HU matched with that infinity amp/speakers...is that gonna be a problem for any reason??

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 9815
the reason i say C is cause its better to buy everything at once and install everything at once. why keep taking your car apart to do little things everytime. just listen to the stock stereo until you can get everything at once.

Silver Member

Post Number: 522
Mr. Lee has spoken. Additional posting on this thread is no longer necessary.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1034
OMG there's a Tazmanian behind you!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us