Mag vs. Q vs. dd3500

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

Post Number: 195
(mag vs Q vs dd3500) i recently purchased the 12" Fi Q and to be honest im not 2 impressed with its out put...its clean and all and some what loud but i want louder...i was planning on getting another Fi Q but i dont think i will be after the way things are sounding...so how do the subs that i listed above compare to the Q...spl and sq wise

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3154
heres the mag vs. Q i did

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/316970.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
so yanks do u havd a Q yet or not??? and were is this mike loudon guy cuz i want to ask him some questions about the Q..140 sealed is awesome and im just wondering wat kind of scores i could be getting with my one 12" Q sealed...??

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3156
nah i dont have it yet...wont have one for another 4 months probably

make a thread with his name...or im sure he'll end up posting in this thread...your choice

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 3179
I'd say the MAG but the Q apparently out performs it. Out of those three mentioned I have always paired (in my head) spl with the DD, so I guess you'd have to decide between SQ and SPL. Which to me means the SQ goes to the Q and SPL to the DD.
Does that make any sence?

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
ya that does !! thanks alot paul!! and actually id say the mag outpreforms the Q because did u see the vid of 2 of them in a 4.5 cu.ft box doing 150 db to alan jackson...haha thats awesome!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 3180
Yeah I saw that. Remember the link to ROE for that? I guess I forgot they were mags.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3725
man i cant wait to install my Mags. i still have lots of faith in them. you'll see ;)

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1594
cody you got your Q in a sealed box?? no wonder your not gettin the SPL you wanted...

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
rearrange ya mind i even threw them in a ported 2.5 and 4.0 cu.ft and it was louder obviously but not to impressive...maybe u guys Rag on MTX to much cuz my 9500 was hella loud on the same power

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2930
get the dd3500 they are the sh;t i think i liked mine better then my mag

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 759
ur doing something wrong cody .. my 15 is amazing in sealed box .. spl wise and sq wise

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
do they get loud mat?? do u have a 12 or 15 and do u have 1 or 2?? wat kind of power are u running to them and enlousure wise wat are u running..??

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 9826
"man i cant wait to install my Mags. i still have lots of faith in them. you'll see ;)"

i don't know how you have that kinda patience trevor. i would of installed that sh!t the very next day. lol.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3164
i told you mike loudon would post in here lol

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 9828
mike loudon knows his sh!t. i would take his word over alot of people.

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
thank u mike ive been looking for u!!!!!! wat have ur past installs consisted of ??

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2932
cody i ran a 3512 in 1.75 cubes sealed and a 12 mag in 1.25 sealed with poly fill both on 1300rms. they both get loud by ear the 3500 was a little louder. they both have great SQ but the DD just sounds different then other subs, its hard to describe. either sub you choose youll be happy. although id put some more time into your Q first.

quote:

ya that does !! thanks alot paul!! and actually id say the mag outpreforms the Q because did u see the vid of 2 of them in a 4.5 cu.ft box doing 150 db to alan jackson...haha thats awesome!!!!!!

that is so install dependant you cant base much on it. i know people with 2 8" subs breaking 150.

put the Q in like 2.5 at 32hz with 1-1.4k and youll be happy

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
or is the Q ur first sub

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
mat i would if i had the room but i dont...i have a firebird..and its a hatchback in all but i dont have much room..

But about ur mag and 3500 wat kind of numbers did they put out in those sealed boxes..?

Also i prolly will play around with this Q cuz i know its got potential!!

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2940
i dont know as for numbers im not into spl much, just SQ i would say the DD was close to 140 and the mag maybe 137-8 i dont know exactly so just guessing
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us