RCAs question

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2884
well it is not really about RCAs but about female RCA connectors..

my RCA from my truck to my car was too short so two RCAs are joined to make it longer.. right now it is ghetto rigged as it has been since the install but they are just cheap radioshack female barrel connectors..

i've had no problems until recently when they were disconnected but since I'm messing with them now i want to get something worthy or holding my RCAs together..

what is the difference between the 24k connectors vs. something like the knukonceptz ones..

i'm thinking about order 1) .. unless someone can tell me why the 24k are worth it

1)http://cgi.ebay.com/KnuKonceptz-Krystal-Female-RCA-Barrell-Connector-PR_W0QQitem Z220075380754QQihZ012QQcategoryZ94845QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
2)http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=091-1030

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5868
Here's a better question you need to ask. Will your car outlast the connector? Probably not. I also doubt you could tell any difference by ear.
Is all for presentation. It looks better cause of gold, so you automatically think it sounds better.
I'd buy the gold plated cause it's only $1 more. Not like it's going to kill your wallet anyhow.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2885
well yea.. i was just asking about the difference on how it transfers the voltage.. RCAs are not high voltage so why get over-kill.. i really don't care i just need some lol

so thats one vote for gold :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2886
btw.. the gold ones are 6.50 without shipping and the knukonceptz ones are 4 shipped

not like im dealing with high voltage so it should not matter.. just wondering about the resistance created by the two different types

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5872
For your application, it'll be almost impossible to "hear" the benefit of gold plated connectors by ear. The only way it'll have any effect would be if it were rusted pretty badly (will not happen unless you drive underwater often).
$2 could get you 2 extra burgers at Mc Donalds' value meal.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2888
after watching the documentary "super size me" .. no more mcds lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us