SPL...tuning

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

Post Number: 172
alright guys... i have 2 12" Fi Q's and right now there in a sealed box which they will always stay in...BUT theres a little comp. coming up here locally and i was thinkin about throwing sumthin together..now i dont give a hoot about sq at all on this one and i just want to make these Q's as loud as possible for this one time deal...now i am open for suggestions..but heres wat i was thinking. I was thinkin about doing 2.5 cu.ft per sub and i was thinking about tuning high...does anyone no about wat i should tune to for pure spl purposes?? and im just gonna burb them...but plzz help me out!! need to know quick cuz its coming up and me and my friend have to get started on a big box!!! thanks

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2818
what type of vehicle? tuning depends a lot on what your car likes.. you could start with something like 42-45hz peaking around 50-53hz

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
its a 1991 firebird hatchback...and i think im gonna burb them with about 1800 wrms each....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2825
.. do you even have room to port 2 12s?

but anyways.. given the vehicle i'd prolly tune around 51hz so you can peak around 61hz..

i'd imagine your car will like a faily high note but give it has quite a bit of cabin volume still you might end up better with a little lower note

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
i do have enough room because the back seats fold down and it will be on the back seat...so u think maybe around 51...?? and the way i place the box in there wouldnt it be best to do sub up and port forward or back???

Gold Member

Post Number: 2828
be honest ive never seen a firebird/camaro that year run like that so idk which would be best for you.. SPL is really trial and error

you could try subs up port back tuned to 48hz for a start.. either way itll be louder than sealed and you could always turn the box and fire the ports elseway to see which was louder

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
anyone else no anything else about wat i should do...?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us