OT: Cheap and Effective Car Alarm

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 706
Can anyone give me a link for a low price and effective car alarm?. I just dont want my sub and stuff stolen. Any ideas? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 Wangers Club[:-] Premier Member

Post Number: 5036
hmmm....i think car alarms are a waste. They go off so much people ignor them.

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 931
only one i'd really invest in would be where it tells you on the remote if your alarm is going off...

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 9709
don't get cheap alarms. invest some $$$$ to get something good. after all look what the alarm needs to protect.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2816
autopage FTW :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 9712
i like my stock car alarm. it does the job and doesn't go off everytime someone with a pair of L7's drive by.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 Wangers Club[:-] Premier Member

Post Number: 5037
what if they drive by with BTL's?:-)

Silver Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 707
don't get cheap alarms. invest some $$$$ to get something good. after all look what the alarm needs to protect.

that was messed up chad ok so anyideas from wooferetc.com that i should get

Silver Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 708
bump budget is like... maybe 125bucks

Gold Member

Post Number: 9718
i don't get why it was messed up biggs. i was saying your alarm needs to protect your ssd so you should get something good.

Bronze Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 93
hey can someone fill me in on the whole BUMP thing

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Post Number: 125
heres the best car alarms. go to this website and scroll down untill you get to:

2004 Anti Autotheft devices
and
2003 Anti-Autotheft devices

watch them

http://www.stickdeath.com/frameset.htm

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 433
bump is what u say when ur post doesnt go through , meaning it doesnt show you as the last poster.

Bronze Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 99
thanks for filling me in Derek

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1369
if ur system is worth the money than ur alarm shouldnt be cheap. im about to get gps added on my alarm so i can track where my car is on the computer or my cell phone it also tells u the speed its traveling at and u can do all the functions of ur 2 way pager with ur cell phone.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 3008
Gotta admit. At first I thought "bump" was a sub language thing. Ironically, it doesn't always work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9732
hahahaha paul. i thought the same way. i thought people were saying bump cause they were trying to say that their sub hits hard. you know like ((((bump)))) ((((bump)))).

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1370
if ur system is worth the money than ur alarm shouldnt be cheap. im about to get gps added on my alarm so i can track where my car is on the computer or my cell phone it also tells u the speed its traveling at and u can do all the functions of ur 2 way pager with ur cell phone.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 3009
^^^Yup.

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 143
Go big and get the Viper 791XV off amazon.com for like $190. By far one of the two-way alarm remote starts with a transponder and you can get a second transponder for like 60 bucks if you ever need one....

http://www.amazon.com/Viper-Alarm-Remote-Start-System/dp/B0002U3QZE

Silver Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 144
big for that budget...but just for fun...what's the most rediculous over the top car alarm thats on the market, not custom, right now

Silver Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 722
ok how obut jsut an alarm that tells me with an remote if my car is being opened

Silver Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 148
that 791XV will tell you....just look for any "2 way" security or one with a transponder (generally a little LCD screen with a few buttons)

check out viper 791xv's, compustar 2wss-as, ummm other ones around there too. I believe viper is a step up of python, so that might be cheaper, but i'm not 100% sure

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1452
A good car alarm to have is a motion sensor hooked up to your bedroom alarm clock.

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 476
cheap and effective? so you just wanna have ur cake and eat it too huh biggs? you think you're better than the rest of us?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1820
I just had one installed for $160. Cant tell you the brand cause its in spanish, K-9 Mundial. Edicio'n Especial. But it goes off if any doors, hood are opened. Towed, or hit. and if it sences voltage change. Very basic. But it works for me, cause I park it outside my bedroom window. And I live in the Burbs.

Silver Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 723
joe blanford told me that goin deaf has one for sale or something imma talk to him see if i can get that one

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1140
Get a PITT, no1 in their right mind is gunna try to jack your system with a mean @ss looking dog sitting inside of it... just make sure you train the dog right

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 939
yeah I'm runnin the 791xv and love it. I have the motion sensor, backup battery and the window mod.

It's cool having the window mod because if people are around your car you can roll the windows down with the remote, the turn to look like "WTF" and then you start the car, the windows roll up automatically and the car is running so you confuse them even more. then you roll the windows back down, unlock the cat, walk up, get in, and drive off while laughing at the look of confusion on thier faces. haha

the 2-way responder is nice but it doesnt work in the mall, inside school or anywhere where there are more than 2-3 walls between your car. still cool to have. I love mine

Silver Member

Post Number: 489
as much as i love that concept...that would be training your dog WRONG...pit bulls are natural people lovers, but it would be very effective protecting your car from other dogs :-)

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1147
No no you got it wrong Pit Bull Guy, i didnt suggest trainging the dog to be mean at all, but naturally they look like some mean @ss dogs, and when they bark people just get afraid. Im not saying the dog would really attack anyone nobody would be dumb enough to try that unless it really was a friend that the dog see's and he knows how he acts...

Silver Member

Post Number: 490
i hear ya buddy. my pitty is the biggest people lover ever, yet if he feels like i'm being threatened or in trouble...ITS ON...

...Last winter i was takin him fer a walk and 3 dudes, one of which was my ex-girlfriends current boyfriend, jump out a ford explorer and surround me talkin all kinds a sh!t...they woulda jumped me for sure if he wasn't there...dogs are way smarter than ppl think cuz even though he loves people, he could tell how tense the situation was and that i needed help. He barked like a mofo and was foaming at the mouth, they were like "why don't you tie your dog up and fight fair"....3 vs. 1....real fair :-)

Silver Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 724
I love my doggy lol

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2873
one of my dogs is blind...the other would fight if something is hitting me...did i mention he weighs 3 lbs tho lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us