EVERYONE APART of this forum why are rockfords so bad??

Bronze Member
Username: Razzeldazzel06

Post Number: 98
What is the truth about rockfords..why do none of you like them..they arent that expensive...and i doubt they sound like crap...have any of you heard the 12 inch T1??? I mean i havent heard it or nethin but i heard rockfords are good from other people...how do they compare to jl audio and image dynamics and re audio and fi and dd and kicker?? what is so bad about rockfords..does the 12 inch t1 have good sound quality and decent bump to your guys standards..i want to know what you guys know about them ...enlighten me on this topic???

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3242
i like the T1's...they are loud. there sq isnt as bad as some ppl make em out to be imo.
and it depends on what models of the other brands u mentioned lol.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3603
the T1 is probably their best sub. but i like JL, ID, RE, FI, and DD better. kicker i hate because of square subs. i like their amps though. and rockford power amps are good.

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1650
I really like RF amps, even the lower punch models

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 396
My girlfriend have 2 12'' T1s I bought them when they 1st came out and gave them to her so I have been listening to them for a few years now they can get loud not very accurate. the t1s are all boom.
My brother had older 99 Rockford's punch power which were by far more accurate. after he killed those he bought the t2s 15'' which were I liked better threw perfect spl but it was all boom still no accuracy got a little lower waaaay better subs out there. That amps can supply plenty of power though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
how you compare the 12inch id max to them and the 12w6 to them

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 168
not as loud but way better sq im sure

Silver Member

Post Number: 397
the t1s were louder then the w6 the w6 had better sq keep in mind t1s are ported and w6 were sealed Rockford had no sealed specs for the subs at that time.

I havent heard the ID i almost bought them but went with avalanch to make sure I got the Lows I need from Rap. I havent heard them in a car yet not once.Im going to replace my w7s with them Got them from the way they sound at a house party 1 18 sound great Loud and got Lower then any sub I have ever heard and got those instead of the ID.
its a board member that had the aa w6 and id maybe he can help you further

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
are you saying the 12 in id max aint going to have the lows for rap

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
will they get as low as a w6??

Silver Member

Post Number: 400
I havent heard them No Im not sayn it wont go low i went with another brand that can go lower
Its suppose to be similar to the w6.But you never know if people actually heard these subs or not on any forum
http://realmofexcursion.com/videos.html
go there best you can do if you cant hear it for your self my dealer sells it but dont stock it

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
whats better for rap and techno and sq and just everything... having 2 12inch subs running at 500rms a piece with 1 1100watt amp pushing them...or 1 12inch sub running at 1000rms with 1 1100watt amp pushing it???????????

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10498
personally i always liked RF stuff both their subs & amps - pretty good in my book

u see its because RF has laways been pricey so when other brands come out that r cheaper but performing just as well u see ppl saying it sux but u didnt see ppl saying benz sux when bmx or lexus came out

IMO - what ever brand u like & u can afford it then dont let price or what ppl say turn u off ....

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
this regards any 12 inch sub that relates...whats better for rap and techno and sq and just everything... having 2 12inch subs running at 500rms a piece with 1 1100watt amp pushing them...or 1 12inch sub running at 1000rms with 1 1100watt amp pushing it???????????

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 422
loudness is totally subjective, what might be loud to you might not be loud to somebody else, just get what you think you will be happy with, thats all you need.

Bronze Member
Username: Nor_cal_lo_life

Post Number: 53
I love fosgate, i really hope the new p3's do better than last years version

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3293
why rockford fosgate subs sucks???

many people will ask themselves why rockford sucks??

first of all rockford its one of the best mainstream products. but only on amps and receivers.

about subs???

they subs are disappointing why???

1. lower power handling's
2. lower excursion ( needed for those hard to reach notes like 20hz)
3. they lie sayin they are for sql but they are more of a spl type but not a good spl sub.
4. expensive u can get a t2 for about 800 crazy uh??
5. more low and i mean lower priced mainstream subs on the same category (power handling mainly) will get louder and lower.

note:

some sub woofers from punch are really good like the hx2 really good sub but theres better deals. or the spl subwoofer from punch they team punch or something like that u still can find it on ebay but yeah one thing i tell ya its one fo the worse sounding subs on the market but gets LOUD.

this will apply with kickers subs but worse???

why???

1.because they have the solobaric
2. solobarics are bad designed and designed only for spl
3. and once again lower power handling.
4. and once again they have the solobarics the most returned subwoofer on the market from good mainstream products.((that means its compared to similar good quality products not compared to pyle pyramid etc.)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3294
by the way my neighbor has the t3 never full produced really cool titanium cone etc. but its not as impressive as the re audio new xxx thats its less money and better results :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 401
lol Rob I would have to agree with most I been Listening to Rockford forever 1st love but man they are getting worse and worse with subs
truth be told the chrome amps of 98-99 are better then the power series no bs my power failed in 2 months that 99 amp has been running every since 8 years old looks great sounds great they just aint the same no more
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us