168 dbs?

Silver Member
Username: Stamant

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 218
I was at a car show earlier today. Someone had 12 12" CVRs in the bed of chevy silverodo. He says he has hit 168 dbs before. I thought he was full of sh_t. Could be true or am I correct in thinking its bs?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2420
absolute sh!t...

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1273
12 12"s could hit 168 dont just say bs. if 2 could hit 145 12 could hit 168. it depends on alot how many amps which amps how many batts what size alt? wiring? box? wall? im guessin wall right? it is possible its 12 subs man!

Silver Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 220
Thought so.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2423
alrite, it is possible yes, but lets be serious, do u honestly think he did?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2424
oh sh!t, i actually didnt even notice it said 12 cvr's...i thuoght it said 2 cvrs...my bad

then yea it could be possible

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1274
honestly i hope he did it with 12 12"s. if u cant hit 168 with 12 12"s and someone can do it with 2 subs ur really in the wrong hobbie!

Silver Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 222
richard, the subs were in the bed of the truck in two rows of six facing each other with the port into the cab. still possible? All I saw were two kicker amps, each about two feet long. I don't know what type.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2425
d_mn, i feel real dumb...i honestly thought it said he hit 168 with 2 cvrs not 12...

with 12, it is very possible}

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2426
oh course with the proper amps, batts, alt, box

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1276
you gotta figure 12 12" subs even if he only had 2 amps lets say they were the kx2500 thats 5000 watts rms on 12 12" subs under powered? yes! but possible? yes! two 12"s can hit 145 with right application and good install so 12 can possibly do 168dbs. add 3 db for each sub after 2 from 145dbs. that would over 175dbs or so, imma lil drunk, but it is very possible. if done wrong they would cancel each other out alot but i would never doubt a man with 12 12" subs hittin numbers like that he better or he is wasting air!

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 792
well how many se's does HOPROBLEMS' truck have with how many watts? don't think hes broken ~165, but don't quote me on that... 168 is a hell of a number to reach

Silver Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 795
bump

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1282
not easy for sure! possible yes!

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3225
1 dd 9917 hit 170 db u dont think 12 12 inch cvr will hit that??? umm maybe your the one that its full of shyt

Silver Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 798
my theory; in reality, its possible with 1 sub. depends on how efficient your setup is

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1286
correct!

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1013
same thought here... 12 12's if u cant hit 168... get a new hobby it can probally be done with about 8Krms to with all them subs and air space that can be moved

Bronze Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 28
Look lets quit being naive. I doubt he hit the number he says he did, but there is a guy using 2 Premier 12's that hit 175. He only has 2 fkin 12's. So eat crap people. Now, Kicker, I just dont think kicker has it, they suck !

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 882
NEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWB!

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 883
NEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWB! ^^^^^^^

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2502
couldnt agree more reece

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 31
My bad, they are 15's
2076_310069589_351128018%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/p ress/release/detail/0,,2076_310069589_351128018,00.html

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2504
doesnt work

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1327
come on man obando are u serious ur sounding like ur post count, a noob, get real man! 1 dd hit 170 ok maybe 2 premiers? uh i dunno bout that one! sayin 12 12"s cant hit 168 ur a fucked up idiot!

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1023
wow man get a new hobby if u dont think it can be done...

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 33
Well how about take Your lazy
a-- to the www.pioneerelectronics.com , you can find it on the page under car audio.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2516
what are u trying to show us?

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 34
According to lots of doc I've read, this guy (Kyle Witherspoon) hit 175db with 2-15's. Since when I post a link,it doesnt work, just go the www.pioneerelectronics.com homepage/car audio. There are 2 articles at the bottome, read for yourself if you think Im full of crap. His partner(Scott Owens), hit 178 - 180 with 13-12's. Its all in black and white ! Do a google search on both ofo thier names and see for youself.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11077
^^^I dont think pioneer makes 15's honestly..i could be wrong

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4025
yea...they have a new 15".
Built kinda like the 12's.

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1333
was the truck a chevy s10 with a camper sealed on the back? silver or pearl white? the subs were in a v shape? just askin cus i knew a guy in florida that had a setup like that about 4 years ago.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11078
Link marshall??

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2765
Personally, I wouldn't trust a manufacturer's review on any of its' own products. Bose is king when it comes to self praising their line of HT speakers. No doubt Pioneer, Audioblah, Kicker, ect... do the same. And alot CAN be done with middle of the line subs when coupled with the right amount of $$$$ (sponsership). Not saying they're crappy. I would take one great sub over ten so so subs any day of the week. Just my $.02.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11079
Ex: Mag^^

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4026
www. pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069929_297969853,00. html

copy n past....take the space out at the www. and the .html

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2767
Yup yup.

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 36
So can anyone else at least verify the article I spoke of, its no only on thier homne page, its in car audio magazines (independant of Priemier editors). I want these morons that keep calling me a NEEEEEEWWWWWB to go and F-K themselves.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2545
i just dont understand why yuo can straight up say that 12 cvrs cant do 168....its a very difficult task dont get me wrong but why are u saying it cant?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 Wangers Club[:-] Premier Member

Post Number: 4668
If i can hit 157.4 with 1 xxx. It can be done with 12 cvr's

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2547
^^that is all i want to know...i never doubted the pioneer thing...and i do know about scott owens and what he has and what he has hit...

i dont really cared abot the pioneer thing cause i dont know where it came from, kinda came from left field imo...i just wanna know the answer to my question i posted above

Gold Member

Post Number: 4669

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2548
dammit logan...lol

my 2 posts were supposed to be together....but someone ruined it...lol

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2549
didnt bump....

Gold Member

Post Number: 4671
lol type faster

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2550
lol i couldnt man, i had to think about how to word it so i wouldnt come off sounding like a d!ck

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2771
If you don't have $$$, this debate will go on forever!!! IMO!

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 37
LoL, well , I was being sarcastic when I said 12-12's cant hit 168. And the reference was more towards Kicker's "Leading Edge Quality of Noise" as opposed to the 12-12's. Im just not a big kicker fan, they've never impressed me. Not to down what thier capable of, just not my favorite baseball team .. . .come to think of it, neither are the Yanks . Ya'll ladies have fun.

Anytime,

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2551
everyones always gotta bring up the yanks...lol...its cool thoe nicholas, im not a fan of kicker myself. we'll leave it at that.

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 38
LoL, well , I was being sarcastic when I said 12-12's cant hit 168. And the reference was more towards Kicker's "Leading Edge Quality of Noise" as opposed to the 12-12's. Im just not a big kicker fan, they've never impressed me. Not to down what thier capable of, just not my favorite baseball team .. . .come to think of it, neither are the Yanks . Ya'll ladies have fun.

Anytime,

Bronze Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 27
Kicker amps are very nice pieces of equipment. Those 2500.1 acctually bench around 3000rms. That would give all 12 cvr's 500 rms(that is thier rms rating). Its a perfect match. All kicker amps are moderately underrated. My kx600.1's benched at 715 and 725. Most kx1200.1's will do between 1400and 1500 rms. Great amps. the cvr is a great budget sub. I don't like thier square subs. But the comp/cvr/cvx are all good sql drivers. I think kicker really shines with thier amps.

Bronze Member

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 41
I have to agree with the amp not being bad at all, its just thier subs. Matter of fact, back in the day (98 or 96), I heard 2 solobaric subs, I was very impressed with them. Super clean sound, loud, and Very Impressive. Had em running 2 ohms on a Lanzar Opti-Drive 150. Yup, thas the end of story, not a long one for Ol kicker. But dont get me wrong, I cant trash Kicker too hard, LoL I have to RF 12's in my car, but hey, they sound VERY CLEAN, and Id never trade em for a pair of Kikers

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 131
virgil williams hit 170.7 with 1 18 eclipse ti so with 12 12s 168 is possible its all the install

Bronze Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 40
install FTMFW
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us