Ohm question

Bronze Member
Username: Nkknutson

Post Number: 24
is there a sound difference between 1ohm and 2ohm in subs? and how about comp speakers 2ohm or 4ohm?

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 800
It depends on the amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 47
Depending on the amp, very true. Amps work harder running at a lower Ohm levels, therefore operate under a lil more harsh conditions, therefore will not preform at optimum potential under stressfull circumstances. This difference will simply depend on the arcitecture of the amps cicuitry, components within, and the qualitly of the drivers in your high end and subs. But Better amps will hold tighter tolereances throughout operation than cheaper ones, thus creating a better consitant output. The only major sound difference you will hear goin from 4 to 2 ohm, is in the output dB level increase due to the power output that increased by the factor of the ohm load. Hope that helps a lil . .. ..

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 830
...Upload

well said! lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 805
I feel good!
I knew that I wouuuld!

I feel nice!
Like sugar and spice...

I feeeel nice
So good, so good!
but I got a you!

YEAAaaaaah! WHoo!

Bronze Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 49
And Nate, for what else it's even worth, I can tell an audible difference from the same setup, 4 ohm versus 2ohm, but its kinda hard to measure whether it actually has a less distorted output, or its just the actuall dB increase. To me, things sound cleaner at 4 ohms than at 2. But sound punchier and slightly more forced at 2 ohms. I mean if you think about it, just merely droppin the load from 4 to 2 puts you equipment in a higher bracket of operation, which simply can be translated into "it just sounds better at lower power handling". In the grand scheme of the electrical world, current should be more stable at at higher ohm loads than lower, just 2 more cents.

Silver Member

Post Number: 806
Yeah I guess it's like driving your speakers with current or pressure. I would think higher ohms aka lower current, higher pressure for same wattage, would have more control over the speaker.

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us