Help with Pioneer Premier tw-s3004

Bronze Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 42
Could someone please give me some advice for my buddy. He has a pioneer 980bt for a HU, 3 pioneer premier tw-s3004 subs, & a kicker 2500kx in a 2000 cadillac deville with limited trunk space. My question is what kind of box should be used to get either maximun SPL or SPL and SQ out of these subs... should he go with pioneer recomended specs with 1.25 cubic foot per chamber or would it hit harder with more space ? Should he go ported or sealed ? Also, does the shape of each chamber matter in a box because he has a prefab box bought for 4 12" but i am skeptical because the internal box design. Its triangle shaped in the inside, instead of each champer being a perfect square or close too, the woofer itself sends the waves to the center of the apex. Please help me help my friend

Nick

Silver Member
Username: Luisdelbronx

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 112
Rovin on this forum had that sub and he said that they sound much better after they are broken in and also recommends larger box specs then what pioneer says...i think you should go ported, 2 cuft each at least..i think thats what rovin said.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us