CVR

Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 5
Any opinions on how well 4 15" 07 CVR's would handle a Orion 2500d. The RMS on the subs is 500rms.(I think). I would like to hear from people with experience with these subs. I have used kicker amps and love them. They are also underated. Is this true for thier subs as well?

Gold Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1130
I think you would be ok. set the gains properly and bump.

Post Number: 6
In the end, I'm not worried about blowing them due to overpowering so much as clipping. And because I am going for a SQL system leaning heavily towards the SPL side of things, I dont feel like investing a ton of money into lets say 4 Fi Q's or Audioque HD3's.(atleast until I'm rich). Get my drift. They will be easy/cheap to replace. Thanks. More opinions please.

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

Comp Vr..15 Wangers H-..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 1068
i have two of them.......i LOVE THEM....like seriously..their the best bang for the buck..at only $100 a piece for the 15"s they bang HARD!!!...haha..theyll take that amp..youll love it dude!! when i get a bigger car..imma get four of them with the planet audio 2200d

Post Number: 7
I had for Adire tempests on the orion. It blew three of them. They were rated at 750rms. So I know I didn't over power them. It must have been clipping. I am going to be much more careful with my gains this time. I have never owned anything other then 15's. I love them. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of smaller subs. But I love 20 hertz sine waves.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2806
look into audioque sd 2.5s they are pretty cheap and should wang hard.

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 435
for budget subs CVRs are pretty good...a guy at a comp hit 146.# in a CRX im not sure about his rms but his box was tuned at 44 i think

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
I did around 151-153 db's with my four adire tempests. I have 5 batterys(4 are deep cycle). 200amp alt(need a bigger one but it suffices). My orion benches around 2650rms. I'm pretty sure that with the advantage in Xmax that the CVR has over the Tempest(16-18), I should be in the same db range.(If not louder) I have run a 12cvr on a kicker 600.1(benched at 725rms @ 14.4 volts) and it took it like a champ, minimal distortion. These 15"s will only be getting around 600-625 at max. So I think it will just as good if not better then the tempests. But I don't know about the SQ. Not that that is what I am focusing on. But my last setup sounded pretty good for 4 15's. Sounded very clean, just hard to get a flat response out of a 22 cuft box.

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 439
yea with that setup you should definitely be able to match those numbers. His stuff was in a small box and the CVRs should take your power...my buddy has two CVR 15s on 1500 rms.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
It shouldnt be hard to get the subs to full excursion with the way my box is designed. Maybe I will hit 155+. That would be awesome, thanks for the info.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us