Pioneer Premier 780mp users

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 690
I got my HU yesterday and I installed it today. I haven't read the manual yet, but there are a couple of things that are concerning me. First off, the install went pretty smooth except that there where about six extra wires on the harness they sent me that all said mute on them. Four brown wires, a pink wire, and a yellow wire with a black stripe. I just capped all of them off and threw the HU in. Once when I was messing with the settings, it just shut off on me. I turned the key off and back on and everything was fine. Another thing is, when I shut the car off and it beeps five times like normal, but then the face flips down on its own. Is that supposed to happen?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

New sub : 1 ...

Post Number: 10403
''''Another thing is, when I shut the car off and it beeps five times like normal, but then the face flips down on its own. Is that supposed to happen?''''

happens with my 860 premier

its a safety feature - beeping remind u to remove the HU's face since it figures u r leaving the car thats y it flips down , if u read ur manual it has a feature to stop either beep or flipdown ......

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

New sub : 1 ...

Post Number: 10404
oh & if u dont remove the faceplate u will notice after a few seconds it goes back in its normal position ....

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 584
i love it.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1144
not to jack ur thread. but my friend has one and the screen on it quit workin. Regular blue lights stll ight up, but the lil color screen doesnt work at all. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be? It worked fine, but then he had to jump start his car and since then it hasnt worked. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1145
bump...anybody???

Bronze Member
Username: Korpseofdeath

San Lorenzo, California United States

Post Number: 44
TWhen you shut off the head unit, there is like a 3-5 second delay, then it beeps and it flips down. It's telling you to take it off and put it in its protective case. If you don't remove it within like 5-10 seconds, it will go back to it's normal position. You can set that setting to off if you want, by turning off your head unit, and pushing the volume dial in (the function button) for 3 seconds, and it will bring up all the settings like date and time and all that other good stuff. =D If you have any questions, let me know, I have alot of experience with all kinds of different head units.

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 153
Every single person that has the 780 on here is stoked, including me. Which tells you something about this deck, and Premier stuff in general.

We argue about almost everything else
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us