BOSE/OnStar System Interface/Adapter

Bronze Member
Username: Hmpadilla

Gilbert, AZ

Post Number: 89
Does any1 know of an adapter that will allow me to hook up an aftermarket system to an 07 Tahoe with Bose & Onstar and still keep the stock stuff? (door chimes steering wheel controls amp onstar etc
)??At this point just looking to install a nav/dvd head unit so the bose system must stay.Thanks

Bronze Member

Gilbert, AZ

Post Number: 90
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 42
I've seen people do it and have done it myself.
I do not recommend it.
In my 05 taco, I used a little wiring harness adaptor called linux(Not the software).
Any car audio shop will have one,
They go for like $10.
It sounds like sh*t, you lose most sound quality,
you probably won't be able to turn off your amp even when your HU is off, it really is garbage.
My buddy is running one from his stock subaru HU
to some JL w4's. I don't even bother anymore to tell him what a waste it is.
The other way I've seen people do it is by running wires that originally went from HU to speaks, directly from an old-school HU to an amp.
Neither was a good setup.

But hey, you gotta keep the stock HU right.
Your call.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2315
It is all garbage and a marketing ploy. I was getting sales calls during my music with on-star. It didn't stop so I yanked it out, need an extra box lol? I was able to get rid of the HU and wire in preamp rca's to my Bose amp from my HU.It works flawlessly and sounds great. I am using a steering wheel adapter (PAC) a Pioneer 9800BT, Ipod adapterII and a 60 gig Ipod. I have a bluetooth connection from my 9800 to my cellphone, a microphone is included. If you have the cash, ditch the head unit it will save you a head ache in the long run. Oh one other thing, with on-star they can track every movement, your speed, interior/ambient temps, they can unlock/lock your doors, interupt/record your phone calls or interior conversations, shut down your car and give full engine diognostics. They know more about your car than you do. Kinda scary if you ask me, you never know who is listening to your conversations. Polo..

Bronze Member

Gilbert, AZ

Post Number: 91
thanks guys.I'm thinking of replacing the HU with the Pioneer AVIC Z1.I really don't like the Bose sound system,so it will eventually get replaced.I do enjoy the steering wheel controls though.The guy at my local stereo shop said he didn't know of an interface that would work with the 07 system and the only way to add a new HU would be to replace everything.Don't have that kind of cash

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2319
I actually wired my pre's from my HU to my Bose amplifier! Polo.

Bronze Member

Gilbert, AZ

Post Number: 92
thanks Polo,the guy at my local shop said that you can't do that.Thanks again for the info

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2320
Ya, I am no ordinary person. It took me a bit of soldering maybe you could post a pic of the back of your head unit, the wiring loom going to it and the amplifier/loom. I may be able to take a crack at it, but there is no guarrantee. I actually had the open my amp and trace the input leads then do a low level test for each channel. My factory Bose speakers are nice and clean and with the added input of 5V there is no heat issues or such. PAC makes a steering wheel adapter that goes to the back of the Pioneers, works great also. Polo..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us