1 prem vs 2 avg subs

Username: Jim1000

Post Number: 3
In general, dont you agree, 2 avg subs with 1000 watts each in say 7 ft, will beat 1 higher end sub with 2000 watts, say in 4ft?

I am considering version HD315 for example (as premium) vs sd2.5 for example as avg.

Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10915
cone area FTW....watts are not the only thing that comes into play when talking about spl.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2402
all in the install.. the only advantage would be cone area if they get the same power.

i'd rather run the hd3 because it would require less room.. plus it is a good street beater and will take more than that 2000rms for burps

Post Number: 4
What does FTW mean?
And > cone area is why I said I think 2>1 even if one gets 2x the power. If I buy 1, it will probably be an 18 BTL.
Instal is in extended cab F150. Max box is 8ft before displacements. Planning port up on left, subs up on right, unless use 18, then prob sub forward.
Figure 2500 watts would be max for 130 amp alt and single battery. (1/0 ga maybe a few caps)
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 710
I wouldn't consider that SD2.5 to be an "average" sub, but thats just my opinion. When you say average, I think about CVR, Type R, RF T1's...but that's just My opinion! lol But I would take two SD2.5s vs. one HD3 because of cone area, and the fact that these things are really A WHOLE LOTTA BANG for a lil bitta buck!

Silver Member

Post Number: 717
bump

Post Number: 5
No they are not average, just used for comaparison. So a $400 18 vs 2 200 15. Glad to hear you like those 2.5s, I had not heard any comments yet. I have 2 RF HX2 15 that sound like sh!t, want to be sure it is lower, louder and better than they are.
But, my 1 XXX with 2000 watts will beat 2 HX2s with 1000 each I think. (but never ran 2, only 1 in same box, 1/2 size amp.)

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 RE XXX[:-]

Post Number: 4326
1 premium sub FTMFW

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2063
ftw is for the win.

and i think the same thing trell.

Silver Member

Post Number: 719
Yea, I've heard the HX2's, pretty good subs. The HE2's were pretty good subs, probably the best sub RF ever made, IMO. I would put up 2 of those SD2.5s up against 1 18 BTL. I mean with the right enclosure and the right amound of power, those things will get nasty! I'm going to make vids of mine pretty soon.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10334
imo - it all depends on available space & wants ,if u got space for 2 subs then go right ahead

i used to think this way a while ago but to me now using just 1 sub makes more sense & u cant beat the wow factor when u pop open ur trunk & have ppl in disbelieve that its 1 sub u have doing all that loud.....
}

Silver Member

Post Number: 735
Yea I guess you're right Rovin!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2403
I'd do the 18" .. sub up on passanger side.. port out the side towards the drivers side

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2597
My apologies to those with dial up but this link is to an install that is nothing short of amazing, and yet confusing. Most of you have seen it, for those who haven't, you're welcome. I honestly believe that many of a GOOD thing, can't hold a candle to only one of a GREAT thing! Kinda like women!! http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18078

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10336
yeh paul that link been posted here a few times b4

now thats just over doing it - & the guy took almost a whole year , i wonder if it sounds like poo after all that hard work if he may kill himself .....

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2598
Funny. When I was younger, I was one of those who believed that if you connected more speakers to your amp, it would HAVE to sound louder. After all the years of paying for blown amps and speakers, I'd take one strong 200w speaker over (10) 100w ones anyday!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2455
i think everyone was like that at one point.. ive kileld a few HT that way.. 8 towers mixed with cars subs all over ... the recievers did not like that lol

Post Number: 6
I used to run 4 JL 15W6s in a huge tower, each sub in 4 ft tuned to like 25hz. Ran off carver, 500 watts. Then made it 2, wich decresed impedence, and it was better.
Then got the XXX 15 and run off Buttkicker and it is better.
I played with Soundstream 12T4 and it is even louder with same power (actually2x due to 2 ohm not 4), but did not try to play loud.
The T4 is brand new off ebay, no warranty ,but buzzes, something wrong with suspension I guess. DAMMIT but works fine. Not sure if worth fixing considering cost of shipping x2 and cost to fix.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us