I need 4k rms...

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 578
k i need 4000rms and i wanna do it cheap because i dont have much $$$ left after my charging system so im gunna get 2 mtx amps and mod the to run at 1ohm...after mod they run at about 1800-2000 depending on voltage my question is should i get the mtx 1505d or the older 81000d....the #s above are for the 1505d but i have heard that the older 81000d's are more under raited in the first place......let me know what you think ...if you know how to mod any other amps that would be better let me know...Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3080
memphis 4k amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 580
how much??

Silver Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 448
From Mathew at Audio Doctors "The large power Class D monoblocks are not particularly cost effective to modify. There are the 'little things' you can do to them, such as beefing up the capacitor banks, or disabling the protection. But to truely modify the unit to do greater things and to do them reliably (thats the catch!) you can generally afford to step up to a larger amplifier by the time the bill comes into play. In other words, you would spend just as much as just buying a bigger amplifier and actually get a warranty that isn't void due to modifications :-)" Basically, you're better off buying the bigger amp then trying to pay to Mod a class D amp, which I believe that MTX is. Just my .02 cents

Silver Member

Post Number: 582
ya i thaught about that but my buddy has done it to a few mtx amps and they havent given him any probs yet...hes been running them fer about a year at 1 ohm also i was gunna buy the amps used without a warranty for a total cost of about $380...and i cant find anything that cheap that puts out anything near that much power.......and the mod is just popping off 2 things on the board so it wouldnt cost a dime....so idk .....thanks for the imput.....i just dont have any ideas other than that

Silver Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 450
Whats the most you can spend?

Silver Member

Post Number: 583
id love to keep it under $400 but the most would be $500

Silver Member

Post Number: 584
give or take some change

Silver Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 451
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201705&page=7

^^^
Your best bet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 585
i was accually looking at that same amp on ebay for that price but i was told it was very over rated and that MA audio was trash......what kind of voltage do i need to see about 3500-4000 rms??

Silver Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 456
at 2 ohm and 14v youll see 3400 rms...3500 rms at 1ohm at 12v... If I needed that power... I'd definatly pick one, maybe 2 of them up

Silver Member

Post Number: 586
the sub im going to run is quad 1ohm ...could i get this amp...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MA-AUDIO-HK-802SX-4400w-2-ch-CAR-AMPLIFIER-AMP-HK 802SX_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38638QQihZ017QQitemZ270073553597QQrdZ1QQsspagen ameZWDVW
its 2 channel and stable at .5 ohm..could i wire 2 coils to each channel @ .5 ohms for about 2000rms each??

Silver Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 467
What sub is it?

Silver Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 468
I dont think that amp is half ohm stable... the guy on CA.com had his modded to be wired down to .5 ohm. I don't know much about that amp in particular, go for it. Looks secksy lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 587
treys concept csp-18........in the features on that ebay page it says ......
# 4,400 Watt RMS 2-Channel High Current Amplifier (High Current means more efficient power)
# 500 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 Ohms Stereo
# 800 watt RMS x 2 @ 2 Ohms Stereo
# 1,400 watt RMS x 2 @ 1 Ohm Stereo
# 2,200 watts RMS x 2 @ 0.5 Ohm Stereo
# 4,400 watt RMS x 1 @ 1 Ohm Bridged mono

Silver Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 477
Yea I saw that, I'm just not sure lol

Username: Big_p_wit_tha_lincolns

Bad axe , Michigan Usa

Post Number: 6
just go buy a few directed 2400's and hook em' up and fu*king pound it's that simple...

peace

P
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us