Finally got some decent pics of my system...Enjoy!

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1697
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

By Spring I should have a Nine.1 if all goes well lol. I placed a new video on RoE, under AA, look for either a video by P Rico Blanco or TDB Da Drummer. Could be either name. For those of you you have MySpace I'll post the MySpace link to the video...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1614400901

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10234
hey look - its Tyler ! , long time no see u posting on here dude

looking good man - much improved over ur old volfenhag set ......

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2730
those are assissins right, look pretty good. do they get loud enough for you.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3120
i remember u lol.
man them assassins are nice

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8395
very nice indeed.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1699
Yes, it has been a while, and yes they do get loud enough lol, but I want a little more "clean" sound, and I'm hoping to get that by replacing that A-Bahn with a Nine.1.

They are Assassins. That's my first attempt at an enclosure (note the glue everywhere and such haha). The door speakers are still Volfenhag though, I just can't seem to find a nice set of components that are 5.25" for easier installation in the 5x7 slots...Overall, I'm happy though :-).

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1714
bump

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 464
hey tyler, is'nt it bad for the subs to be sharing the same enclosure ?
i'm assuming theyr sharing the same box because i only see one port.I'm only asking becuse i'n the middle of building my box now for 2 15's.
your sh!t's looking nice.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Im pushing i... And pushing ...

Post Number: 3009
are those duals??

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1716
Thanks :-). But I've never heard of that being a problem. In fact, I used one of those enclosure calculators to design the box so that they intentionally share the 4 Cu. Ft of air space.

If it is a problem though, the only one I can think of is the subs getting substantially louder than when in my sealed enclosure lol!

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1717
Dual as in the Wal-Mart brand Dual? Or dual as in DVC? They're not Dual brand, and Assassins are only SVC 4 Ohms. So a "no" to both possibilities.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Orion 1200D For Sale, Hit me up

Post Number: 3877
If one sub fails its bad.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1932
no putting the subs in the same chamber is perfectly fine. ive heard though that putting them in there own chamber with there own ports it would be a little louder...not sure. but ya same chamber is fine.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1718
Lol, yes if one subwoofer would fail that would be pretty bad. But honestly, they take the 400W RMS a piece like champs, which is why an ED Nine.1 is in my future :-).

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 465
cool thats good to know. I don't mean to hijack your tread Tyler, but i got 1 more ? for U(or anybody).Like i said I'm in the middle of building my enclosure for 2 15 Q's.what i had planned out was to make it 8 cu.ft. with a divider in the middle so each sub sees 4 cu.ft with its own port. do you think it might hurt 'em if I took your route? eliminate the divider and make a single rectangular port rather than 2 ?
man that would be so much easier. thanks

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1719
It wouldn't hurt anything as long as the port remained at the same tuning freq. and so on. Basically it would just be two subs, in 8 Cu. Ft. with ONE port tuned to the proper frequency, kinda like my enclosure.

Having two ports can be more catchy to the eye on the other hand, but the way I did it, is definitely simpler when it comes to assembly.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Im pushing i... And pushing ...

Post Number: 3011
i meant duals for the speakers doors

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1720
Oh lol, no they're Volfenhag. About the same league as Dual, maybe a touch better in overall performance, but not by much. I have plans of changing those out as well, for components in the front and complimentary rear fill 5X7's.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1733
And bump lol...

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3800
tyler how those volfenhag perform?? some1 is giving them for free to me and right now i need some comps, they're 6x9 but if they do the job i might leave them for a while... if not i'll sell them right away

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1746
Actually they don't sound horrible or anything, just don't expect a lot in the mid-bass area (or low-bass for that matter). But the mids and highs keep up pretty well with my bass, but they don't sound nearly as good as higher end co-axials or components.

But for a quick drop-in they do the job pretty well. And you can't beat free!

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1423
tyler i used to use infinty 5x7 components and they were pretty good. only like $85 on ebay.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1750
Thanks for the info Lucas, I had actually considered those before. How was the performance of their mid-bass, and can they handle power pretty well?

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1424
midbass was poo and don't send them too much power, they can't handle it unless you x-over high. They just had clean loud mids and highs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us