Couple more questions

Bronze Member
Username: Kingmike

Post Number: 12
I've brought everything i need to upgrade everything in my truck

I've read that since i have tweeters stock, i have an amp somewhere.. where would i find this and what do i need to do to it

I have a 2001 Dodge ram 2500 quad cab.. I'm not sure, but i don't think i have the infinity systen.

Also, I got a kicker zx300.1 ( i don't care i got a good deal on it lol).. The guy gave me a RCA cable with 4 rca plugs on each end.. My headunit only has one for the left and one for the right.. I would need a set of splitters, correct?

Silver Member
Username: _jay_

Post Number: 197
no, just use one pair of rca's...one left one right....the other two are if you add another amp.... sorry idk were the amp is...search google =]

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Are you sure.. because I don't have the money to buy another if i do something wrong

I already owe my mom $300 lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
one more question

The subs in the box are 2 ohms.. the amp will power them right?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2723
how many subs and what are the vc conifgs. of them?

Bronze Member
Username: Miho1379

Austin, Texas United states

Post Number: 22
mike p

find the power rating on your subs, find the RMS power and try to get within 100 watts RMS each to match your amplifier because that particular amp pushes about 300 watts(kicker amps have been known to power a lil bit more) and your RCA cables like what Jay was saying the other set of RCAs are JUST for another amplifier which you have no use for so just leave them... make sure to run your rca cables on the opposite side of your power cable of the car so you dont get any engine noise coming through your speakers!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
i brought everything in a package from circuit city.. It was an impulse buy for $400

The box has 2 subs, dual 2 ohms a peice. I assume they're already wired.

The birthsheet or whatever said 350 something. I think the amp will by fine pushing them.. I just wanted to know if it was okay since they were dual 2 ohms.

Thanks for the advice miguel!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
oh they're 12 inch kicker comps too
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us