What kicker subs are the best bang for your buck?

Username: Nkknutson

Post Number: 1
Hi i just have been looking at getting a new system for a toyota highlander and i'm getting lost. I know i want to get kicker subs but i have a few questions i need answered. First what kicker sub do i pick L7, CVX, L5 and do i need one or two? Is one L7 better than two L5s. I know that L7 is the best but do i need that much? i want 12". Than will i lose any sound/bass if i don't use the kicker box and buy another box made for the square subs? Another problem i'm having is if i get two subs the amp to run them is expensive? so does it matter if i get a 4ohms or 2ohms subs? do they make different ohms subs or is that just how are wired in the box? I'm going to wire it for series/parallel and my amp will be able to run at 2ohms. so if i buy 2 subs at 4ohms they are dual voice. how do you wire them to get them at a 2ohms? thanks for any help

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 575
the best bang as far as spl id go with l7's
the best bang as far as decent sounding cvx
the best bang for decent sounding decent loud cvr
its all what u wants personally l5's arent anything special at all.
WOrst bang- l5's

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1662
man your loaded with questions, but thats alrite.

first off, why onlly kicker subs?
and the ohms are how the sub is wired to match the amp. for ex, if its 2 dual 4 ohm subs, then it can be wired to 1 ohm. if its one dual 4 ohm sub, it can be wired to 2 ohms. go here for wiring: http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp
and instead of buying a box already made, why not build your own? its easy and people here will help thro the process. if yuo make your own box, chances are, it will be better made and sound better.

Username: Dnug

Delray beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 3
2 subs at 4 ohms, i know this one i think,,,
if you run all parrallel youll get 1 ithink
if you run them all in series youll get 16 (bad)
if you run the vcs in parrallel and the subs in series, youll get, 4
if you wire3 vc in parrallel and one in series i believe it comes to around 2, but i dont even know if thats possible, hopefully one of theses audiophiles will jump in but i believe that would work.... maybe im a dxmbxss but who knows, lol, kinda new to dvc subs...

Silver Member

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 580
haha just go what i told you, and depending on what subs u want. i would get ur amp first and see what the best rms power it gets either 1 or 2 ohm most likely and then u can find out what vc u need your subs :-)

Post Number: 2
if not kicker subs what would be good for around a$300 or so?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1665
look into some of these subs:

fi SSD or Q ficaraudio.com
DD2512 ddaudio.com
ascendent audio arsenal ascendantaudio.com
audioque.com
tcsounds.com
look around at those sites and see what you like. there are others that other people will post.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9586
none.

buy Fi Audio
Crystal
and Ascendant Audio

:-)

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1908
i think an L7 15 is good for the money, that thing looks big compared to a normal 15 and it gets LOUD, i think the sq is ok too.

Silver Member

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 582
no sq sucks on a l7.. and how is it big compared to a a normal 15 lol? but yea i agree its good for the money if u only want spl loud and its cheap.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2681
L7's sq aren't as bad as every1 makes it out, for rap its a decent sub sq wise, but if the bass is punchy the l7 sucks, plus it has terriable build quality.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 692
dustin is right ... the new l7s have a better sounding response then years previous low hitting frequencies tend to make the woofer shine more ... the woofer is a very good budget spl woofer, and the sq isnt horrible, there are alottttt of subs that sound worse and are around the same price range ... in the correct enclosure powered properly ... its unbeatable

Silver Member
Username: Steve_collins

Post Number: 254
i think they are not that bad either

Bronze Member
Username: Luisdelbronx

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 70
cerwinvega.com

Silver Member
Username: Steve_collins

Post Number: 261
get a fi q and that will be the about the same price as the l7

Post Number: 7
Ok the Q and the SSD both sound good but but do i need only one Q? If i got the ssd should i get two of them. and does it really matter what size i mainly listen to rap so i heard a 12" does good with that kind of music. thnaks for all the help.

Post Number: 8
I have a highlander it is just like a 4-runner
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us