Got a new car...Need new system!

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 638
I have an '05 Mustang with just the AM FM CD, not the Shaker system. Unlimited budget. I already have the HU picked out. I'm going with the Pioneer Premier DEHP780MP. I am wanting to run at least 1,000wrms and have an idea of the amp I want to use, the RF T10001BD.

I am looking for any suggestions on the subs and what kind of box I should get. I am thinking of going either 2 "12's sealed, or one "12 slot ported. I don't know if I have the room for "15's or not yet. I am going to put it in the trunk, but my back seats don't fold down, so I don't really know how to go about this. My other Mustang is a hatchback and it wasn't any problem to get it to sound good. The stock door and rear deck speakers don't sound too bad, so I'm not really looking for components, or anything else other than wires, batteries, and an alternator.

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 639
And sound deadener also.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2387
see about fitting a DD3500's series. great SQ and pound like hell. 1 ported on like 1500rms will be loud. maybe get a kicker zx1500.1. and dont forget a new alt.

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 708
The backseats DO fold down. I had an 05' GT. The lever is in the trunk. Your welcome. I would go with 4 10s. They make enclosures that fit the side of the trunk perfectly than enclose 2 10s or 1 12. The 10's are of course sealed, and i'm pretty sure the 12 is to. Either way 4 10's sealed is gonna get pretty loud. That would be the most space efficient, and get the loudest. Or if you're not worried about space I'm sure you could fit 2 12's or 15's in the trunk.

Silver Member

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 710
BTW, the 12 is a single box so you could have one on each side, and one more thing. If your mustang a GT? Good call on not getting the shaker system. My mom added that as an option to my 05' when I had it. It got me into car audio, but it wasn't impressive haha.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3028
get a havoc and put it in a ported box and use the T1000BD.
belive it or not the reccomended box is small...3.5 cubes at 35Hz

Silver Member

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 713
Do you ever recommend anythign else?

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3030
of course...but this suits it all too well

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 641
Reece, no my car is not a GT, couldn't afford it at the time. Where is/are the lever(s) in the trunk for the back seats? I couldn't find one when I first got it. It's dark and I don't feel like looking for it right now. That would put a whole new paint job on things if they did.

BTW, I am seriously considering the DD 3500 but I don't know how much they are. I don't really want to spend more than $400 on a single sub. Anyone know how much a 3512 or 3515 is?

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 142
3515: $387
9515: $599

That's what they told me when I emaild DD a few months ago. Didn't ask about the 12s but I would think they would be a little less than the 15s.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 143
bump

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2419
the 12s are like 369 direct from DD or atleast right around there, i owned one and it was a great SQL sub

Silver Member
Username: Steve_collins

Post Number: 252
i now have mats 3500 and i love it

Silver Member
Username: Steve_collins

Post Number: 253
and if you want 4 tens this is a killer deal on some of them. my friend is going to get them.

http://www.tcsounds.com/db500.htm

297 for four of them and thats a killer deal.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2182
If your interested I have an amp that will put out a clean 1000rms on a stock charging system :-) .... 1 ohm stable

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 536
ya im lookin to run 4 of those TC sounds 10"... thats a great deal then just pick up a amp that pushes 1500-2000rms @ 1ohm and u will be set.....if sealed those would get real nice and loud and still get plenty loud

Silver Member

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 718
The lever, if I recall is on the side of the car in the trunk. either that or theres a button in the back deck of the car. I know the seats fold down though. I freaked out when I realized it too.

Anyways, Just get the GT grill and dual exhaust and you'll be straight.

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 642
I looked for the lever again today and I still couldn't find it.

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 643
Do you still have that Recoil amp Kevin?

Bronze Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, CA USA

Post Number: 14
Mark I have that same HU and it is awesome in every way. You will be very happy with one. I have a "new" '01 Pathy and I am building up a system as well.
I didn't even know about this TC Sounds company and they are literally 4 frickin' miles from my door

Does anyone know how their 12" TC-3000+CP would compare to the IDMAXV3 12"? It's a hundred clams cheaper and I could just drive over there and pick one up. The 5200 looks like a beast but I can't see spending that much at this point.}

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8154
if you guys want some B stock tc sound subs, you can get them real cheap through these guys.

http://www.westcoastcaraudio.net/viewtopic.php?t=256

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3380
a single down fire 15 in that car see a picture of 2 12's box,
image/bmpUpload
MMC170.bmp (57.7 k)

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3381
or better yet single 12 memphis mojo in a rear fire ported box
« Previous Thread Next Thread »