Need minor amp repair/ advice! or major maybe!LOL

Silver Member
Username: Teamdeboy1971

OPTIDRIVE LN., TN Major Bass P...

Post Number: 472
Hey, I was just going down the road bumpin' and out of nowhere my music starts cutting out bad! I checked my amp where I found on the ground side the phillips head slug had backed out a little, allowing the 4 Guage wire to just arc! Should there even be an arc on the - side? I tried to hook it back up and found that the AMP not the slug is stripped out! Now I remember the amp when I took it to the Sound Factory in Knoxville, it wasn't stripped then, but I am looking at this and its all bugered up!!!! Thats a very sh!tty job! The only thing that was holding the amp in place was the wiring!! Its not even bolted down or even velcroed to anything, thats sad and un be lieve able!!! I could have done a better job 3 and a half mos ago not knowing anything about car audio!! I did get the neg. to stay long enough to find out that the amp still works, but its stripped!!! That was about a $120.00 lesson + $40 dollar amp kit!!!!! Thats with the HU allready installed and the rca jacks hanging down so all they done was hooked up the Raptor 350amp fuse under the hood,$45 dollars ran the 4 gauge wire nicely and hid the wiring nice and neat but never mounted my amp! and stripped my d@mn amp! I called them up, under new management, and not responsible! OVER 2 BILLS with tax, and I'm PI$$ED OFF! Thats the last dime I will spend for a install!!!

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1330
if the place is still in the same name, I would say yes, they are still responsible...just because management changes, it does not rid them of responsibilities. If that were true, and a company had outstanding debt, then all it would have to do is change management,then it would not be responsible for that debt any more....but if you can't get them to do amything, just take it as a lesson learned, and do your own install next time...sorry to hear about that happening though

Silver Member

Post Number: 474
Thanks, I sure have learned my lesson, I think I could probably go to the hardware store and maybe get a oversized screw or some kind of tap or a rethreader! You cannot find these amps anymore, and I really like it,so I want to get it fixed the best way possible! any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1335
yeah, retap might be possible, like you said, it would have to be slightly larger than the old one

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2175
re-tap it to an 8mm if you can.. never use 7mm because you'll never find a set screw.. i learned the hard way lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 479
Thanks, I am going to go down to ace's hardware tomorrow and get a little help, the fellow down there can fix about anything!!LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us