New system avn7000,jlaudio,cdt euro643 & 620 help?

Username: Fast

Post Number: 5
hey guys. i have an armada with the bose system. i added a jl 1000/1 and 13w7. then swapped out the head unit to an eclipse avn7000. lastly i swapped out all the factory speakers. in the front i installed cdt euro643 set(6.5" woofers in the door, 4" mid in a custom encloser near kick panels and the tweeters in the factory dash location). the rears have cdt euro620(6.5" woofers in door and 1" tweeters in the doors). they are powered by a jl 450/4.

i don't have a complaint about the highs in the car, but the 6.5" woofers in the front doors break up very early at med/high volumes. seems as though they can't keep up with the rest of the system. should i change out to different drivers? if so which 6.5"-8" driver do you suggest?

i know the placement for all the speakers are wrong right now for imageing, but i wanted to get a feel for how the system sounded before i really start hacking up my new ride. to me, it sounds like i was better off leaving the factory bose speakers in the car. what a difference in sound the eclipse unit gave me.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1377
do you have them crossed over to low? If not then look into the installation as there should be no problem with them breaking up unless there is a problem with the speakers, ie manufacturer defect. There are many other things to look at than just saying its the speakers fault. Look at the installation even if a shop did it, look at the HU settings and if you are using the PEQ look at the settings you have for it. The ES drivers aren't that great as a midbass driver. As a dealer for the CDT i would suggest changing out the ES drivers for the M6 driver which is better in a midbass(3way) setup than the ES-600. PM me if you have questions about CDT products. sales@alteraudiousa.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us