For those of you who resined their box

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8109
how did you resin the last side of your box? what i mean is when you leave one side open, you can reach all parts of the box but when you close the box, how did you resin the last piece?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8192
go in through the bacl and do the whole thing, then put the back on and go in through the speaker hole in the front and do the back:-)

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, USA

Post Number: 2554
the way i do it chad
since i have a 15" sub i can fit threw the sub cutoutt and i resined the opposite end of the sub cutout
so all u have to do is reach ur hand threw and not have to torque ur body

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8112
that is going to be a problem james. i decided to put the top (where the sub cut out is) last so i already glued all the other sides. it looks like a big bath tub right now.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8193
ohhh man that sucks

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8113
hey don't just say that. think of something james. i don't need your pity. i need your ideas!!!!!

rofl.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2385
hahaha your screwed chad, just kidding man, try glassing the front panel while its off and then screw it on to the box, then reach inside the box threw the sub cutout and resin the edges. it wont be easy but it should work.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8118
thanks mat. i think that is the best way. should i leave the edges resinless so it will have a wood on wood contact?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10150
i heard of ppl actually using a few coats of oil based paint\varnish inside their box & they say its a cheap ghetto way instead of resin

hmmm- does that work ?..........

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2400
i dont really know chad. i guess if its easy enough, have it so its wood on wood, then when you got the top on the box and your going inside it putting resin in to join it to the rest of the box it will cover whatever you missed.

if you resin the whole lid it might be slightly uneven where as wood on wood is perfectly flat.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1478
mix it up loose, then pour it in the port or where ever and just turn the box so the resin flows where you want it to go. Use less hardner so it wont set up as fast and give you time to turn the box for an even coating inside.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2192
What is so hard about it? I resin boxes completely assembled to seal the whole inside. If you need to reach inside the port use a foam roller they come all sorts of sizes. Honestly, it isn't worth all the trouble to resin the inside of the box as for MDF is smooth enough. More of a difference can be seen in rounding corners and making sure the panels won't resonate excessively. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1371
Chad, your building your wall already?

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8128
no its just a box and yes i started already. i should finish by the christmas weekend.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1383
oh ic, just a box heh. I wonder. Yeah man, if I don't get lazy this coming wenesday,thursday and friday I could finish up my setup. I mean, wenesday I do edead, wenesday I reinstall everything and hook up my wires, and then by friday I finish w/e. I need to start bangin again, I've been bangless for a few days now, its whack.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2195
Berny, that is why you need a backup system! Here is mine, the only way I would run 10's. Notice the two strapped Kicker SX1250's at the top edge of the box, these SSI's really take the punishment! Polo..:-O

Upload

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2196
Berny, that is why you need a backup system! Here is mine, the only way I would run 10's. Notice the two strapped Kicker SX1250's at the top edge of the box, these SSI's really take the punishment! Polo..:-O

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2198
B
U
M
P

W
T
F

:-O

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 460
i have a question about resin (i never resined b4 ) ...when u resin the port...do u spray paint it black on the wood first...or will the resin hold the black spray paint?

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1395
its all good. I rather go without any bump. That way, when I do put the new system in, I'll be extraordinarily happy :D.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 774
i smoked enough pot in my ride to resin the inside of my ride and had no problem doing it...comon chad u can resin a box!!! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyPpO4DvuzU i finnaly made a video :p for pos subs they take a hell of a beating.. i also had the bass most the way down on accident LMAO

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8151
andrizzle i believe the resin will hold the paint.

nice vid killa. some good sh!t.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 786
thanks
im making a new one later today with the subwoofer level on the HU set from 0 to 6 (what i actually had it on when setting my gain) completely forgot about it being so low after leaving work... downtown chicago cops like to be di<ks if ur wanging ur sh!t at 9am lmao
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us