Tangbands

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1288
ok, trying to add a little bass and not take up much room....I've heard Tangbands arent too bad, so which model should I get....also what amp to power 2 of them?

Here's the link for the ones I can order

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?webpage_id=3&CATID=49&ObjectGroup_ID=489

Gold Member

Post Number: 1290
BUMP

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1459
I would take the 52 dollar ones. They state 150wrms, So i would think an amp that does `400 at 2 ohms, Providing you are getting 2 of em. Im not sure how mush power these can take in the real world. Some one else may know. Or you may see a set up on RO.E Being subs, I would also get a D amp. Or maybe a 2 channel w/hp-lp settings would work well. And be more flexible if you want to run speakers of it someday. I think someone was selling a 400 watt amp here recently. Anyway. thats my input.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8109
Sean has run a pair of these for a while. Het did 2 6.5's in a small box I believe .3cu/ft per sub and hit 135 db'd with it:-) they are very nice mid bass fillers.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2667
im sure the ABC box sean had helped a little to get that score, LMAO.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8112
yeah SSSHHHHHHHHHHH Dustin:-)

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1460
Heres an amp that would be very good for them.
You may want to keep an eye on it and try to snipe it at the end. Right now its only at $76.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/Zapco-Competition-Amp-C2K-6-0X-2-Channel-Amplifier-NEW_W0QQi temZ150071540793QQihZ005QQcategoryZ18796QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3989
I have 2 RE re8's i need to get rid of if you are interested.

dual 4ohm
175wrms

One was played for bout 5mins the other has never seen the light of day.

I'll sell ya the 2 8's and build you a really nice ported box for $175....and meet ya in Monroe somewhere.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1292
damn, I could use those RE's and WITH a box...tell u what...can you wait till after Christmas and let me see if I get enough money...If so, I will let you know so you can do the box and then we'll meet somewhere...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1293
Marc...thats WAY too much for wattage for either the Tangbands or the RE's.

So I would need a 350 watt rms amp for the RE's..right? what would be a good amp, and what would be the best way to wire them up. I've never wired up dvc subs before.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1299
damn, that IS a good price, especially with a box. those subs go for about 98 bucks EACH on woofersetc.com, plus the shipping....I want them Canaan...just give me till after Christmas.I'll put a message on here and you can build the box and we'll meet.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1301
oh and about an amp....Nothing from e-bay....I cant use it...hey Canaan....you think Desaird St. Pawn might be able to hook me up with a good amp for those?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1305
bump

Gold Member

Post Number: 1307
JUST GOT AIM my screen name is REAUDIOBASS...added you Canaan, so I can let u know when i get the money

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1469
double post? X3?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2168
those are great speakers :-) .. i can vouch cuz they used to be mine lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1309
nope, no double post here

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8118
RE's= great deal:-)

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1464
That Zapco does 150x2@4. It would be perfect for 2 tangbangs rated at 150wrms each. 1 to each channel. Yes, it is capable of 1200 mono, so again, a very versatble amp. That amp would last thru many set ups.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1311
ok, but I cant get that amp anyway, I cant do ebay. I was thinking about maybe a kicker amp, if i can get it cheap enough.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1314
bump again

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2346
use ebay man cheap sh=t there or look on caraudio.com/forum and in the for sale there are some cheap used amps to be had there

Gold Member

Post Number: 1315
just told you ,I cant use ebay. You have to have credit card or bank acct. and I have neither.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1316
hmm, since those RE's are 175 watts each, I could get a Kicker ZX350.2....it gives 175x2@2Ohms, and i can get it at etronics.com for just under $200 shipped. btw..how do I wire those to make them 2ohms...would I wire both vc on each one to the same channel?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1317
ok, I think I got it....wire one positive and one negative of each sub to one channel on the amp. so each channel shows 2ohms... is that right? in other words, wire each sub like the first diagram, each to one channel of the amp.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Gold Member

Post Number: 1318
in other words connect one vc negative and the other vc positive on one sub to one channel, and then one vc positive and the other vc negative on the other sub to the second channel,right...btw, here's a pic of the side of the amp
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8Mj4D11xr1W/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&tab=morephot os&pi=3&i=206ZX3502&display=L#Tab

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2360
you shoulndt need a credit card and bank account to set up an ebay account. i didnt. you just need an email. dont pay with paypal just use a money order.

or like i also said check ca.coms for sale threads and send a money order

Gold Member

Post Number: 1323
nah, they changed things on ebay...you now need a credit card or bank acct just to set up an acct. If you've had your acct for a while, they used to NOT require it., I'll chekc out ca.com

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1470
That zapco seller only takes money orders, however it has now exceeded $200 but again it still wont hepl you cause you cant reg. You should open a $10 savings account and use that to get into ebay. There are great deals to be found every so often. I snaged some Beyma comps for $20 a set last week.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2366
yeah find a bank with a free savings account

Gold Member

Post Number: 1329
oh well, gonna go with the kicker amp...seems to work just perfect 175watts per channel at 2ohms ...and the REs are 175 watts rms each.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1334
now, someone please answer me about if I got the sub wiring idea right...oh, and here's a pic of the end of the amp.
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1338
BUMP DAMMIT
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us