Need Your Advice... on a system, check IT out...

Username: Dnug

Delray beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 8
alright my plans are to take the front of my trunk,and mount the box with ports into the trunk, and the fronts angled upward toward the deck im going to do away with the deck, it will be basically just a screen,, so hopefully i can get that suv bass feel going, im going to seal the trunk so it doesnt rattle... anyway and here is the setup im considering.

Deck - Clarion DXZ955MC (love the features)

Amp - Clarion DPX11500
1500 Watt x 1 @ 1 Ohm Stable

Processor - Soundstream BX-12 (to boost output from deck)

Subs - 2 Kicker CVR15-4

Component Sp - im stuck here, i like the infinty perfects 6.5s but i dont like the price tag however if im forced i guess, i also like the alpines that are out, any input...?

however on an earlier post, i was informed that the cvrs would be overpowered and are just low end, so i have a question,,, what subs could i go with, when room isnt really an issue, i want to do this set up, im looking to hear all of the highs and lows of the bass, i want to pick it all up, and i want it to beat hard,, i had two 10" kicker comps that would move my hair on top of my head, so basically im looking for that feeling of badass bass, but still want to be able to pick up the bass of the rap i listen too... any thoughts on possible subs, ive looked and i just dont know what are reliable manufacturers, well thanks...

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 521
fi
dd
re
you could get 1 12 or 15" fi Q that would sound god and get plenty loud with that amp

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2397
DD 3515
or FI q 15

Bronze Member

Delray beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 11
i have another post in subwoofers, please post there, under advice on a system.... thanks

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3756
well dustin i have a lil info for you. A guy called Quintin made a benchtest of your amp and the output was 1050w rms at 1 ohm @14.4V

Bronze Member

Delray beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 12
thats still way more than enough for the setup i want to run... im still leaning towards the kickers, they have a punch, and they dont sound that bad to me, i mean , unless there is someone who can come up with another brand thats better for the same cost, i really dont wanna spend more than 500 on the subs, but i could also run 4 kicker comp 15s and get a 1 ohm setup runnin, what ya think of that thats 60 inches of cone,,,

Bronze Member

Delray beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 13
oh i forgot to say thanks thats why i posted in the first place thanks juliob for the info

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1412
kicker cvx

Bronze Member

Delray beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 18
so your advice is to go with the cvx's, well im now thinking about the massive audio p 1500.1 i can get one of these for around 275, on this forum it sounds like, but i dont know how good they are, and im really thinking more and more about going with cheaper subs, just more of them, they would be harder, but then again, i dont know, i really need someone who knows a lot and is biased to a particular brand... thanks a bunch though...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us