Last minute Opinions on subs!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Teamdeboy1971

OPTIDRIVE LN., TN Major Bass P...

Post Number: 450
I was just trying to get some last minute opinions on 2-15's !!! I guess I am gonna stay with my Lanzars, 2-2000d Opti's! Please I need all the help I can get on this decision, I have a huge space in the back of my van, so room is no problem! I like SPL over SQ about 70/30, so I like my lows that you can feel! Thanks peeps!!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7995
budget?

Silver Member

Post Number: 451
700.00 or less if possible, but I have really only heard like Lanzar, pioneer,MTX, jbl,MA audio so I actually just heard a sub that was awsome!! I ordered a couple of the new Powerbass 3XL 15D'sfor a friend of mine and he didn't have enough room for two, so he built a ported encloser and with a 800watt RMS amp and just used 1,and it actually sounds better than my 2 12inch Optidrives that I have just sworn by! So, I was thinking about getting a couple of 1532's opti-15's but, i have definitely got some serious mind sets to erase and I saw the 2000 watts and two 12's that hammered, just be obliviated by 1-15"powerbass
not even straining,just sounded so good, it really made me stop and re-group!LOL I believe the encloser had alot to do with it, but Quality was overiding Quantity! Without a problem! WOW

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 281
get 2 15" mags....

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2671
you still haven't gotten subs yet?

Silver Member

Post Number: 452
No,
I've been a busy bee!! I am thinking about maybe 2 of the 15" BTL's or HD3'S !! I like feeling the music, but I also like hearing it too! So, I guess it comes down to a Mag, BTL,HD3,or TreoSSX,WELL I'm still open though I will have 2 amps rated up to 2000 at .5 ohm so a sub thats 2x2 would probably work good! I have even thought about the Havoc's or DD Just can't find my groove! I'll have close to 700 for subs so Ima shopping for a pair, I'd like them to be at least 1500rms maybe 2000rms, what do you all think?

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3010
get a havoc. you wont be dissapointed

Silver Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 387
MAGS FTMFPOSW!!!

Silver Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 388
^^^^ - the caps lol

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2672
2 15" mags would be exactly $700 so i'd go for those.

Silver Member

Post Number: 454
I have a full size Chevy van with all the seats taken out of it except for the 2 bucket seats in front! So, I need a nice box built that will fill the van up with BUMP!!!! I have major space, might be a bad thing in the long run! But, I heard one of the new Powerbass 3XL 15D'S with only 800wrms, and it was an incredible thing!LOL Can't wait to get a couple big 15's bumpin'!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 455
ctmike, whats the rms on the mags you know right off?

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 138

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 488
dude get 2 15" btls u wont be dissapointed

Silver Member

Post Number: 456
2 BTL's do they have good SPL? If I had my encloser built, I would get a pair I could alway sell them if I didn't like them! But, I have heard alot of good things about them!!

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1526
ask chad lee....he says they get loud and after a while of breaking in the sound pretty good too.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1328
I think you've been in the forums long enough to know what to get. I'll have my two hd315's installed this month so if you want to wait for my review on them then wait just a little longer.

Silver Member

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 489
the btl's are made for spl...they will get loud trust me. go to there website ficaraudio.com and read up..they are nice subs imo louder then the hd3s

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2271
spl choice have you heard both subs in the same install to be able to say that the btls are louder?

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 222
BTL's louder than HD3's ? I disagree.

Silver Member

Post Number: 458
Well, I believe I will go ahead and wait at least jan. 21st to start! I could go ahead and do the Big 3 and get ready for what ever! So when do you think you will start on your install BernyMacAttack?? I am starting to like the BTL's if I'm not mistaking the BIG MAN Steve Mead has even switched to Fi audio. I allready have my Optidrive amps so I will go ahead and use them in my install, never done the whole 9 yards of an install, so I may try to do this one myself! I think the only problems I will have is running 0/1Gauge to a Optima and then to both amps,I have problems trying to hide that big wire! and the encloser will be my hardest part I believe, but I have a friend that ok at wood work, so I may have someone do the box for me!! Thats not cheating is it??? LOL Any help I can get, I will surely take!!
oh, I was wondering if I would still need a capacitor if I was going with battery in the back??

Silver Member

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 493
its kinda hard to hear both in the same install unless u had both and switched to same box..no i havent i heard both in different setups (only single setup though) and personally the btl won my vote. i just like the overally quality and look of the btl's imo.

Silver Member

Post Number: 459
Yeah!and you have many options on the website I saw, what upgrades are a must? Which ones would really not make a difference? I think adding a 3rd magnet would help, and the extra cooling system may be a huge plus, since heat is so bad to a voice coil, can the BTL's be rebuilt you think? If someone was to blow one of them, can it be rebuilt? I have heard alot of good things about SQ of the HD3's! I heard they really get loud without getting to muddy! I am sorta leaning to the BTL's , so would the Mags be a better choice than the HD3's you think? I guess it all comes down to budget! And SQ, SPL, I really love the Spl thing but, I sorta like putting an Eagles or Zepplin even ACDC CD in and jam too! So I guess I like rap better cuz of the bass beats!! Another friend of mine is wanting me to get the DMX series Massive Audio Sub! Is anyone familiar with those Diamond is supposed to have a great sub out now, and also OZ Audio is supposed to be a force to reckon with, so I am still leaning towards the BTL's also I almost have my 2 Optidrive's sold, big maybe, but If I sold them, I could probably afford a 2500.1 Kicker or a 5000 Orion But for now I am trying to get the 0 gauge ran and a good alt. and a couple of the yellow tops! Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions you have gave me! I have saw the light in audio and the old saying you get what you pay for is true, but if you have friends with knowledge it can save you alot of time and money 1st time around! If I hadn't listened and became a part of this forum, I would still be taking up for Lanzar!!! I do see the difference in quality over quantity!!!! ~Rob

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, USA

Post Number: 2512
ROB its been 2 months just by a Motha Fu<kin Sub jeeeez

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 680
ROB BROWN has more posts than me and he's been here for like a month haha

Silver Member

Post Number: 462
Reese come on now!!!LOL You and me have to stick together man!!LOL You are just down the road from me!! I live in Lafollette, TN. bout 30 miles north of knoxville,I havn't seen to many people from around this area on hear! Its good to know I have a neighbor!!! Plus I love talking about car audio! I am getting ready to start my own project after the first of the year, so I hope to maybe hear something that sorta wins me over! Been hearing alot from Massive Audio's DMX line! Anyone heard those bad boy's in action???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us