Mounting down sub box options?

Bronze Member
Username: Efjohnny

Post Number: 14
I recently bought a JL audio powerwedge 10 inch sub/box combo. http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_enclosures.php?menu=9&prod_id=321

I wanted to know how to mount a sub box into my truck. How does one keep a sub box from rolling around in the truck? I have 92-95 civic hb. I do not want to drill screws into the new box. So I heard people use industrial strength metal straps? anyone use these straps? or where to get them? If anyone has any ideas how to mount the box without drilling, I am up for any ideas.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Bronze Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

C Bang, Hardcore Iowa USA

Post Number: 46
ummmm. u can get an L bracket that would go around the box but itd still drill into ur car but not into the box. or ghetto rig it and set it on the seat and put the seat belt around it

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1880
lol setting a sub on a seat would completely dampen the sub, and u would lose like 4 db instantly.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1881
BIGGS, where do u live in iowa?

Bronze Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

C Bang, Hardcore Iowa USA

Post Number: 49
not davenport. you know where council bluffs is?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7839
you can use velcro. L bracket would be better but if you don't want to drill holes on your box you can use velcro. since it will be in the trunk i don't think you have to worry about that box flying at you in case of a sudden stop.

Bronze Member
Username: Efjohnny

Post Number: 15
I can get the velcro like at home depot? how does the velcro stick to the sub box? does it have a sticking back on each side of the velcro?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7848
yeah you can get them at home depot. they have a sticky back and it sticks well to carpet as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us