Need advice on buildin a cool system....

Bronze Member
Username: Sidmeister

Post Number: 33
I'm not sure where this goes but im gonna build me a custom layout for my trunk using 4 12" Fi SSDs in sealed enclosures...how would i wire 2 Class D amps to each power 2 subs? Im also gonna wire capacitors, put in a huge alternator, and a better battery....this car is goin to be a show car when im done with it...ill post my layout of what i have thought of (its a rough draft)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1718
Wiring the subs and what amps to get for them all depends on what voice coil configurations you get them with. But your looking at needing 3200+ rms watts for the subs. So you will need a 300A alternator and some extra batteries. Forget the caps, they are useless. Your setup sounds like it is going to be ILL though!

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 313
you can run maybe 1/0 guage wire to the back and split it off with a fused distribution block and just ground the amps in seperate places or use a distribution block to out the grounds back to a 1/0 awg wire. you can do the rca cables through the amp and just run the remote wire the same way, like put the rca in teh output on one amp to the input on another.

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 463
Chicken!!!Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
I was thinkin it was possible with a fused distribution block, but i didnt know. they are most likely 2 ohm, im wantin Hifonics BXi 2006D amps. what is the deal wit chicken?

Silver Member

Post Number: 315
yea and then you can just treat it like you have an amp running to two subs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 316
if you wanna go a different route i will have 4 Digital Designs 1012s up for sale after december 17th.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Sound Splinter, RL-p 15 D4 2.7 Cuft @ 3...

Post Number: 387
what car is this going in??

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 545
its a chicken. ^^^

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
it is goin in a 2000 Monte Carlo SS

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
This car is gettin a complete make over, kato combat kit, automatic lambo doors, 18" Mizati Illuminati rims, custom system layout, house of Kolor Kandy burgundy paint, complete new exhaust, stroker kit, turbo kit, gray leather interior, LED lights, HID lights, LED undercar kit, shaved door handles, racing tranny, new engine components....yea its gonna be sweet

Silver Member

Post Number: 546
i wish i had 1/4 of the money it costs to build a show car just to put into my car... most of that stuff is retarded on daily drivers...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
dont care...its gonna be both show and daily

Silver Member

Post Number: 547
with all the money thats going into that car it should have some quality amps, the subs are nice but maybe 2 kicker 1500.1s or something... just a recc...

wiring option #2 is for two dual 2 ohm subs, the kicker amps are 2 ohm stable. but you can get dual 1 ohm for 1 ohm amps too...

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp =Dual+Voice+Coil+-+2+ohms+x+2

Silver Member

Post Number: 548
im just not a fan of ricers and wings and lambo doors and the underglow neons, everyones different...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
exactly, i like to be different and it wouldnt rly be a ricer cuz ricers are 4 cylinder engines, mine is 6 cylinders, ill take the kickers into consideration

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 675
you can make a v8 a ricer. harder to do but trust me, looks make up 90% of a ricer

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
well, we arent here to discuss ricers, we are here to discuss car audio, so lets just drop it, but this isnt gonna be completly ricer

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1245
cars gonna look sweet.

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 648
go with at least 20s in the monte carlo... 18 will look TINY especially if this is gonna be a "show" car. System should be nice... i dont think you know all of the components to what you're gonna need though... money doesnt seem to be an issue so i guess if doesnt matter

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2207
ricing doesnt just lie in the car it lies in the heart!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us