Kevin P ....

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 351
Ey bro, u think a 1800 watt amp would be fine for my 18 ??

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2014
its the RE SX 18? Just set the gains correctly and make sure you have enough current for the amp so it don't clip.. other than that you should be fine. Mine has not had any problems with that power

Silver Member

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 353
what do you mean current? and whats clipping...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2016
your amp draws current in order to produce the power for the sub.. if there is not enough current for it to draw it will send a clipped siginal.. you'd hear it..

also make sure the box is to specs.. don't want to over-power a sub in an enclosure that is too large .. chance of bottoming out

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 140
How does a person get to 353 posts without knowing what current or clipping is? That's what scares me about post numbers, they can be VERY deceptive!

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 342
LMAO true matt

Gold Member

Post Number: 2017
but post numbers mean nothing.. someone like muddy could get a new account and only have 1 post and give advice.. should someone with that little amount of posts be ignored for the fact of that? we come here to learn and ask question :-) .. i have a lot of posts but i am still learning

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7644
i was putting 1700wrms on my re sx 18 and it was fine. but at very high volume you can smell something so just becareful. besides you don't need that much power to get the sub going. a nice 1200-1500wrms amp will work just fine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2018
i was running it with almost 1200.. but with the extra 600.. i got a 1dB gain on the meter

by hear you won't notice much of a difference but if you want to compete the extra power is worth it

Silver Member

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 355
well if jumping 600 u cant hear much then how would it be from 800wrms to 1400 ??same thing

Gold Member

Post Number: 2021
from 800-1400.. the sub would actually reach its peak. with 800wrms that sub is not making full potential..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us