Is it ok?

Username: Mattmann88

Tucson, AZ United States

Post Number: 2
I was wondering if it is ok to wire a, lets say 4Ohm single VC sub in parallel with a 4Ohm Resistor to bring the load down to 2Ohms. Will this hurt the sub or amp?? I know the resistor will get hot..

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 175
why the hell would you do that?

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 882
wow! ya hear something new everyday! i have never heard of it being done but im still a noob!

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3141
technically u could do it but u would have to get the right resistor without killing it. MOst resistors would just burn up with this kind of power they arent ment for it but this was talked about a long time ago lol and the verdict was yes u can just find the right resistor which u wont be able to do

Tucson, AZ United States

Post Number: 3
I would do it, so I can get the most power out of my amp, because amps push out more watts with a 2Ohm load than they do with a 4Ohm load.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9995
go read www.bcae1.com - they have a whole section on this explaining the details on y they dont rec it .......

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1381
yeah, all a VC is is a resistor, if you add a resistor to bring it down the resistor is going to take whatever the amp is putting up.... its like adding another sub...
1 4ohm sub, the amp puts out lets say 300rms, 1 4ohm sub and a 4ohm resistor, amp puts out 600rms,but the 4 ohm resistor is going to take 300rms out of it like another sub would, WOULD BE VERY POINTLESS dont try it

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 894
i think ud risk alot trying it?

Tucson, AZ United States

Post Number: 4
Very True the resistor would drain that extra 300W i want. Didnt think it completely through.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us