Yet Another Speaker Question

Username: Pratt

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I have an Alpine 9856 head unit, Blaupunkt GTA4 amp, and was looking for some new speakers. I was looking for some 5.25 inch components for around $150-200 a pair. I have spent countless hours at this point trying to figure out what to get. I was looking for some speakers that simply reproduced music the most authentically and fit into my budget.

Also, if I were to get a new amp, what would a good amp be in the 70-85 RMS range for the budget minded individual?

Thank you in advance.

Post Number: 3
Come on...someone help me out here. Anybody?

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 309
check out the CDT's at alteraudiousa.com he sells a lot on this forum and for that price he can get you a nice pair of the EF components i think. They are pretty nice as i hear but im not positive.

Post Number: 5
Mike, thanks for the help.

Do you think these would be better than Infinity Kappa 50.7cs, Boston SX50 components, JBL 550c, MB RUA 213, DSF 213, RVF 213 or even the lower end JL's? I see JL takes a lot of heat here.

One more question, I have thick doors, but very little depth to mount speakers into (lots of structural stuff in the way). Does this change anything? Do the shallow mount versions on speakers sound markedly different than the regular ones? I means they must sound a little different at least, right? Beacause, simply put they are different.

Again, thanks for the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us