Marshall

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 554
What would be better? Port firing inside my car through the middle of the back seats, or just regularly, facing back?

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1790
im not marshall lol, but probably facing them back would be better...as long as your box isnt too close to the hole in the middle. so leave like a 2 foot gap between the box and the hole, and fire it back...then you will have no cancellation issues.

Silver Member

8======D 18 of love

Post Number: 561
Yeah I was leaning on the fire back option... maturing sound waves and whatnot. I tried my box firing in before, I gotta say feeling air suck in through your sunroof is pretty cool, but I don't think it was as loud as it should have been...

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3876
i would fire back...usually gives you alil better lows.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4280
what kind of car is this? i have found that SUV = port up, subs back, and sedan = port back (with seats up) subs back, or port firing into the car (with seats down) sounds the best :-)

just play around with ur options and see what you like most

Silver Member

8======D 18 of love

Post Number: 563
Alright thanks. While I'm at it, do you think I should double baffle 3/4mdf for a Q18? Or would I be good with just a single sheet?

Silver Member

8======D 18 of love

Post Number: 564
Acura CL. Only the arm rest folds down in the back, and I can only face the sub up. I'd like to try both ways but I'm not about to build 2 boxes to find out...

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 502
double baffle for sure...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us