Mid bass drivers

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 977
ok i have a eclipse cd4000 HU, im gonna be running with a jl 300/4. now i think im gonna put jl xr 6.5 Coaxials in my front doors, but for the back im not sure. i know i want to go with a mid bass driver though. but i dont know wich one to choose dayton,AA,cdt,jl,mb quart or mabe there's even some more. u know the amp and my budget is gonna be around 150 dollars. im not gonna bother with a sub for a couple more months but there will be one coming so i dont want bass drivers i want strictley mid bass woofers that will compliment the jl's nicely.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 648
If you are looking at strictly midbass these would be great:
http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?cart_id=9838330.12218&pid=1037
Well, they are 8ohm so the powering with your JL would be a problem since it only has a single power supply.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1334
CDT M6 will do for you. Email me if interested at sales@alteraudiousa.com

Silver Member

IRL

Post Number: 660
alter is right on those, plus I believe they are on sale now so it's a great value as well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 978
they look great but take a bit to much power and the price is a little to steep to.

Silver Member

IRL

Post Number: 671
Are you gonna be putting those midbasses up front or in the back (I hope it's front)?
Anyway, I found something for you - a nice 4ohm driver, it's not too cheap (priced individually), however, it is very well worth it.
http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?cart_id=9838330.12218&pid=1391

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 4128
Im selling a brand new set of CDT M6's that i bought thru DJDILLIODON a CDT dealer on AIM messanger. Ill sell it to you for $150 shipped so first come first served....

Silver Member

Post Number: 980
those look great maris but they will take alot of power to shine wich i wouldent be able to give them and they were gonna go in the back. i was gonna buy some jl xr coaxials for the front and just put some midbass drivers in the back

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1338
actually those don't take that much power. I am running them 70rms actively and they do nicely. Also look into Dayton Ref or Tang Band 6.5.

Silver Member

IRL

Post Number: 679
Yes do look into Dayton Reference as well.
Well, must say I haven't had any experience with Tang Band, but they seem to be a good value speaker.
Joseph, if you'll be getting some subs later then it really isn't worth getting those midbasses and putting them in the back IMO.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1004
well have you had experience with them dayton reference. they have a good warranty and they look good to but i mean i never heard them before.

Silver Member

IRL

Post Number: 691
I've listened to them at Partsexpress in Springboro back when I lived in Springtucky (Springfield) Ohio, great stuff:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us