Boss BLX 5000

Bronze Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 78
alright guys i need some advice, now i understand boss is a cheap brand and alot of ppl bash them around here but the specs seem very impressive to me, i know very little about amps and i was wondering if you guys could give me any advice on this amp http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15843

it fits my system perfectly because i need 1000 rms (per sub) on two different subs so if i wire them each at 1 ohm its 1800 watts (per sub) rms and i can just set my gains about half way, wouldnt that work?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10367
lollolololol...

"the specs seem very impressive to me"

the most important spec of all is u get what u pay for...

that amp is trash....100% grade A trash

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1476
i used to try to find the cheapest amp that put out alot but since ive been hear ive realized u cant get everything cheap...if u want ur stuff to last u have to spend a lil more...and i agree with chaunceymus Prim 3221052.002657%

Bronze Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 61
You are wasting your time buying boss anything in the car audio industry. If you have just a little bit more money, look into buying; MA Audio, Hifonics, Audiobahn, or Power Acoustik. You will be very upset at the ratings on the package of that boss amp as opposed to how it sounds when you actually hook it up.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10379
"look into buying; MA Audio, Hifonics, Audiobahn, or Power Acoustik"

lol..u shouldnt buy that crap either...lol

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 67
LOL, WTH? Obviously the guy doesn't want to spend a lot of money on anything so I was trying to improvise with his situation......Not everybody can afford JL or Zapco..........Quit being a ::::::::D

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 68
You went from Kicker everything to Jensen monitor's.....But I guess Jensen make high quality products too.......LMAO

Bronze Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 79
well i could run dual MA HK1000's to my subs for the same price so ill probably go that route

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10385
not being a d!ck...just save..dont look for the quick fix...do it right the first time....promise u this that great amp is not going anywhere..just take time save up and u will be fine...u will be glad u did

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Working on a secret pr..., Oregon USA

Post Number: 618
Chaunc aint being a d!ck..he's telling the truth. Save, do it right the first time. It will stop alot of frustration and save money in the long run. You go buy junk then your gonna hear someone with some quality stuff. And your gonna kick yourself in the @ss cause you gonna want something different. Then you gotta try to sell your junk and come up with the cash to upgrade. Its hard. I learned the hard way.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10388
"You went from Kicker everything to Jensen monitor's.....But I guess Jensen make high quality products too.......LMAO"

Good eye...i havent changed that in a while... i will just for u....

not sure why u wanna pick on peoples systems....but if its a war u want its a war u got..

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10389
oh yeah those screens make my audio reproduction sound really bad....just like i bet those spinning rims(played out) makes ur a.r. sound really bad to...right???

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 69
Those spinners are hardly ever on my car, I prefer it not to be.....Yes, they are played out too....They haven't been on my car in almost a year.....Anything else you would like to point out?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3469
when chauncey says something is good,The thing is the greatest thing ever. He's hard to impress but he really knows what he's saying so you need to pay attention when he talks.

Chauncey i know you hate budget products, but the list quintin wrote, is real and he should add lanzar optidrive line there.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9942
price of that boss amp u might as well get the hifonics 2005d or 2006d - @ least u will get about 3/4 of its rated power .......

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3480
the boss amp is powerful and is half ohm stable and i think it has a cooling fan so it's not that bad. The question would be the durability.

I don't think is a 100% thrash cuz that's boss high end line and budget brands have a "good" line, the one that puts good amount of power with decent quality. Maybe this amp puts 3k at 1/2ohm or more. IDK.

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 79
My first amp was a small Boss 2-channel amp. I didn't really no anything about amps or subs when I first bought it, but it lasted for about three months and then it just blew out one day.....Boss is skeptical.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us