Help!! hurry experts someone

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

18Sx, UsA USA

Post Number: 288
alright i was playing my 18" sub but the dumb fuse keeps blowing when i turn it up and it starts bumping hard it keeps blowing the fuse under the hood its a 50amp whats the prob?
btw i got 18"re sx
old rockford 2 channel amp that i bridged and the sub is hooked up to 1ohm whats wrong i had that amp hooked up forever with my last system and never blew a fuse on the power wire thanks alot guys

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 525
Whats the amp rated at?

Silver Member

18Sx, UsA USA

Post Number: 289
im not sure on it cause i had it re done but what does that matter? i ran it before on 6 cvrs and it worked fine never did that? u think i should hook it up at a 4 ohm load y does it blow!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9891
what wrms does ur amp put out ? - got a fuse on ur amp ?

im thinking ur 50A fuse maybe too weak ......

Silver Member

18Sx, UsA USA

Post Number: 290
http://www.cardomain.com/shop/wooferwizard.pl?num_of_subs=1&impedance_of_subs=2o hm_dvc&x=95&y=11 look at the bottom diagram should i do it like that? i just wanna know y its blowing the fuse on the power wire?

Silver Member

18Sx, UsA USA

Post Number: 291
hmm thats weird though i was thinking that too but the sub is only 1000-1500 wrms and the amp pushed 6 cvrs perfectly and loud and i never had that problem?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7308
try a 100amp fuse. if it still blows then you might have a bad connection somewhere.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Friday, Str8t to the Gentlemans club

Post Number: 2670
from wat cable??? ur stereo cable??? uramp cable i think is your amp cable since u have a 50 amp maybe u have an 8 gague i think, well man fix your ground cable or find a better spot, then i fu have an 8 gauge and ur running 500rms get a at least 4 gauge and if your changing the amp get a 2 gauge for power and ground but if u want to get the most out of the amp get two runs of 4 gauge or 2 gauge for ground and power from your battery,

ok back to the fuse if u have a 8 gauge and 500 rms of power and 50 amp fuse the cable is not big enough and if u can upgrade at a 4 gauge for now and 80 amp fuse that will be better

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3231
if that is a dual 2 ohm sub and your running it 1ohm on a 2 channel bridged, ohm load is a big problem....

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3050
you def need a bigger fuse 50 is not enough
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us